Documents needed for Newark Vice Consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mishy
Rookie
Rookie

Documents needed for Newark Vice Consulate

Post by mishy »

I am just starting to get all the paperwork for dual citizenship. I qualify through my grandfather. I have his birth and death certificates. I sent away for his naturalization papers to USCIS form G-639. Yesterday I received a letter from them stating they no longer process this at the NCR. They said I have to use form G-1041 or form G-1041A. Will they accept this at the Newark Vice Consulate? And is this the correct document?

I am working on getting my grandparents marriage certificate from Italy. I do have my mothers birth, marriage certificates and she is still living. What other documents do I need? And what do I need apostilled?

Thanks for any info.
matta
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Documents needed for Newark Vice Consulate

Post by matta »

mishy wrote:I am just starting to get all the paperwork for dual citizenship. I qualify through my grandfather. I have his birth and death certificates. I sent away for his naturalization papers to USCIS form G-639. Yesterday I received a letter from them stating they no longer process this at the NCR. They said I have to use form G-1041 or form G-1041A. Will they accept this at the Newark Vice Consulate? And is this the correct document?

I am working on getting my grandparents marriage certificate from Italy. I do have my mothers birth, marriage certificates and she is still living. What other documents do I need? And what do I need apostilled?

Thanks for any info.
This thread has the info on G-1041/G-639:
http://www.icgsmb.com/board/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=30

For info on Newark's requirements, try their website:
http://www.consnewark.esteri.it/Consola ... tadinanza/

Also, you could try this thread for specific experiences:
http://www.icgsmb.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=58
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

You have everything you need, but if your mom is not applying, you should have her sign (and have notarized) a Declaration of Living Ascendant. I actually used the one I downloaded from the NY site.

All U.S.-issued documents, with the exception of the naturalization papers, require apostilles. You must also have these documents translated, and they do accept self-translations.

At this time, Newark accepts walk-in applications. I believe next month Newark will be a full consulate, so this may change.
mishy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mishy »

Matta.........Thanks so much for the helpful links. They are very informative.

mler..........Thank you too. I recall reading that you went to the Newark Consulate, and I'm glad you responded with info. I need. I should've started this sooner, because it may take longer now when it becomes a full consulate.
domenic5

Post by domenic5 »

There are many sites who are posting information for free.

Google Italian citizenship. Be aware of sites who do not have telephone numbers. Before you place an order make sure you talk to someone.

Good Luck

Domenic
matta
Rookie
Rookie

Post by matta »

Oh, now I figure out why you're posting like this. You own a company that orders documents, and are the same person who recently spammed the Expat site.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Good catch, Matta.