Looking for Limauro in Castellammare di Stabia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DebbieL

Looking for Limauro in Castellammare di Stabia

Post by DebbieL »

I am looking for ancestors in Castellammare di Stabia. My great great grandfather was Catello Limauro. I don't know if he was born in the comune of Castellammare, but I do know that his sons were born there. Alfred, Antonio, Argeo, Vincenzo and I believe Ulysses. My grandfather Argeo was born in 1861. I have his marriage certificate that lists the names of his parents, which is the only way I could validate the names of my great great grandfather; Catello Limauro and Geovania Fusco. The marriage certificate is from Castellammare di Stabia.

I am trying to find out the names and birth dates of all the children born to this family. Especially Ulysses, I am not certain if he is a son or a cousin.
Argeo immigrated to the US in 1889.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction for my search...please point away. I have exhausted all my resources in the US. Now I have to start looking elsewhere fo find the answers.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Limauro in Castellammare di Stabia

Post by PeterTimber »

Write to Uffico di Stato Civile in Castellammare di Stabbia, Postale 80053, Prov. Napoli, Campania region for a CERTIFICATO DI STATO DI FAMIGLIA STORICO whic is a family certificate in the name of Catello Limauro as head of family and his wife Giovanna Fuscio. The family certificate lists all members of the immediate family as they are born, married or deceased. If such a record is not available for one reason or another then your best bet would be to request the sons birth certificates if you know their year of birth. Such requests should be done individually and separately. Go to www.mangeruca.com for the form letters in Italian for the family certificate or the individual birth certificates, the address as posted above is also in the website.

I would enclose a self addressed envelope with $10. The service is free of charge but the poorly paid clerks do research as an end of day duty. =Peter=
DebbieL

Post by DebbieL »

Thank you very much!! I appreciate the information and will visit the website promptly for the forms.
DebbieL

Post by DebbieL »

Sorry, need your assistance again. I think it's time I learn Italian!

would I use the David Zerga's Letter to Italy and replace birth certificate with CERTIFICATO DI STATO DI FAMIGLIA STORICO?

Also in the letter is: I am enclosing the approximate equivalent of 10,000 lire, to cover the cost of the certificates, and two International Reply Coupons which are for the postage stamps required for your reply.

What is the equivalent of 10,000 lire (is it the $10 you said to enclose?)
Also, what are international reply coupons?

I appologize for my ignorance.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Another option is the interactive form letters found at the following site:

Form Letter Generator

Conversion for Euro to Dollar:

Conversion Tool

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
DebbieL

Post by DebbieL »

Since Lire are obsolete, I am assuming that per your post on Euro to Dollar conversions, that Italy now uses Euro.

Your links are very helpful. Thank you.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Forget that line entirely about Lire or the amount of lire mentioned. It is antiquated and I hope to get it removed. You can alter any letter to whatever document you wish. The form letters are flexible. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Debbie thanks for the heads up about the dated and now erroneous sentence inthe Zerega letter and am having it deleted as soon as possible. get back if you run into any problem. =Peter=
DebbieL

Post by DebbieL »

Peter, thanks for the input.

I am happy to have found this website forum. I wish I would have found it sooner.
DebbieL

Post by DebbieL »

I used the form letter generator to compose my letter. What a wonderful tool. Thank you for your help.

Debbie
DebbieL

Post by DebbieL »

I have another question. I have looked on the above listed site but didn't see what I am looking for. I would like to write a letter to several people in Italy that share my surname to request family information. Is there a sample letter in Italian for that purpose?

The one to request information from the records office was great, and easy to use.

Debbie :?: