Death certificate need translation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Death certificate need translation

Post by ChrisMosca »

I stumbled upon this by accident, her name is maria mosca and her parents are luigi and anna leonardi. Need help translating as much as possible.
Thank you very much!!!!

Chris Mosca
[img][IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/ ... cacrop.jpg[/img][/img]
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Death certificate need translation

Post by liviomoreno »

Maria Mosca, died in Treja on July 26, 1895 at the age of 10. She was the daughter of Luigi and Anna LEONARDI [spelling?].
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

thanks!!!!!, yes the spelling is correct, I know is not a good copy and is hard to read but what does it say for luigi's and anna's occupation?
thank you!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

ChrisMosca wrote:thanks!!!!!, yes the spelling is correct, I know is not a good copy and is hard to read but what does it say for luigi's and anna's occupation?
thank you!!!
Anna is a housewife (donna di casa)
What I read for Luigi's occupation is "castraporci" = "a man who castrates the pigs!!!" :oops:
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Chris,
I confirm it's "castraporci". It's the same occupation as I told you already for a previous certificate you posted. It seems to have been a common occupation!

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Don't know if "gelder" could be the correct translation... :roll:

Ada
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Thanks again!!!!
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

its seems like my great grand father was a castroporci, then became a shoemaker, my great-great-grand father was a castroporci and my great-great-great- grand father was a castraporci. I'm glad neither my grandfather or dad became a castraporci.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I wonder if he specialized in scarpa made of pig skin. :wink:
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

There weren't many vets around at that time, so people had to manage with everyday's need. I suppose "castraporci" were sort of 'do-it-yoursel' vets or vet assistants and were not just practicing on pigs. Castration on animals is still practiced as this makes them grow more 8O and I don't think breeders always call vets......
I'm glad your ancestor became a shoemaker and hopefully not using poor piglets' skin.
As an additional information I just read that the word "castraporci" included also barbers and second-rate dentists!! Wow !! Mind .... :roll:

Have a nice day!

Ada