Posca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
anniebb

Posca

Post by anniebb »

Could anyone help me with information about the family name Posca and imkigration from Italy around 1850?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Posca

Post by PeterTimber »

didn't we just go thru this inquiry about Posca? or is this a new inquiry? =Peter=
anniebb

Post by anniebb »

Peter yes it is the same person i was hoping that someone may know of the origins of the name rather than the specific person. Ancestry.com shows a number of people around the correct time in Como. I really appreciate the tips you gave me before although wasnt yet able to find the right person.
Many thanks again
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Perhaps if you sift thru the POSCO SURNAME GENEALOGY ITALY on www.google.com you might find the source of the surname Posco. However it is not considered an Italian surname by origin or geography and is either a local creation or imported from abroad in the mists of time. The Italian word vocabulary for the closest thing to POSCO is POSCA which is defined as "vinegar and water".

The surname may have had a foreign spelling or pronunciation that evolved into its latin form in Italy. Only further research may eleicit more information. Lots of luck. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I did a quick check on POSCA inthe google.com website and there are about 500 odd references to Posca surname genealogy Italy as a title. =Peter=