Michelin e Furlanetto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: ***suanj***

Post by suanj »

afmichel wrote:Suanj,

In those pages stands that the ship "France" was built in 1896, after my bisnonno had come to Brazil (1888). The ship "La France" was built in 1870. So it is that why I believe that this ship is the correct one.

[]´s
Aldo
probably is "La France"... but..are also an other France ship :
Ship "France"
From Havre to New York
13 July 1882
http://khuish.tripod.com/ships.htm
The domand is this: it made route also in South America? :roll: suanj
afmichel
Rookie
Rookie

***ptimber*** ***suanj***

Post by afmichel »

ptimber wrote:The France that you mentioned was on a St Nazaire to Panama Route which began around 1884. it is possible the ship was diverted to Brazil on one of its voyages to or from Panama to Brazil beforfe returning to St Nazaire in 1888. Peter
suanj wrote:probably is "La France"... but..are also an other France ship :
Ship "France"
From Havre to New York
13 July 1882
According to Peter, it´s probable that France was changed its rout to Brazil in a moment of its 'life'

Peter, could you help us to make ends meet???

[]'s
Aldo
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The France was on a transatlatic route from St Nazairfe to Panama (This was the France built around 1884) and may very well have been diverted to Brazil on one of its passages since that is the most logicval route for a ship to divert to brazil. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Aldo: I've found that "La France" ship port of departure, was Napoli...from Napoli partivano south italian, your ancestors sure they left from Genova' s port....
More: many Michelin(not MichIelin) persons embarked to Santos do Brasil port, and arrived in Argentina to this date :
-18/12/1888
Michelin Franco-Europa ship

-27/10/1906
Michelin: Domenico, Leonora, Gudescha(?), Maria-Orleanais ship

-12/10/1909
Furlanetto Vincenza - Re Umberto ship

Suggestions on this names?

More in Antonio Prado, http://www.familiamuller.hpg.ig.com.br/pradoRS.htm
this searched surnames are present, you can to obtain other records in this Town for to know italian origin place this persons with your same surnames?
More: Furlanetto is exact spelling, not Furlanette or Furlanetti...
regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

France 1 was built 1864 on the St Nazaire-Panama run. France 2 was British and built 1867 and was on a london-New York run. France 3 built 1957...... Had to be France 1 for your family to Brazil. Peter
afmichel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by afmichel »

suanj wrote:Aldo: I've found that "La France" ship port of departure, was Napoli...from Napoli partivano south italian, your ancestors sure they left from Genova' s port....
More: many Michelin(not MichIelin) persons embarked to Santos do Brasil port, and arrived in Argentina to this date :
-18/12/1888

-27/10/1906

-12/10/1909

this searched surnames are present, you can to obtain other records in this Town for to know italian origin place this persons with your same surnames?
regards, suanj
suanj,
The things you told us about the departure in Napoli/Genova make sense...
Well, all the documents that I've found are brazilian and the oldest one is this registration of arrival and it states that he steamer was named France, the name of my bisnonno is Angelo Michielin 01 year old, son of Giovanni 25 e Francesca Furlanetti 26 ( mispelled certainly ), and they steped in brazilian soil in 01/27/1888. The cappo della famiglia was Federico Michielin 48, father of Giovanni.
I haven't found anything about France before 1896, but La France yes...
In the last Post, Peter has told us that there were many France's. So how can I find the lists of those ships???
I asked my grandpa, son of Angelo, and he confirmed every statement of this declaration, but the spelling MICHIELIN...We've always thought that we are MICHELIN and even those one whose the name was written as MIQUELIN ( a kind of portuguese form ) It sounds for us as Michelin, we've never heard MICHIELIN, and we, who talk in portuguese, certatinly would realize any difference because the languages are similar.
Do you see that one of things that I considered as wright may be false?
I believe that the wright info must be in those Frances lists.
Those names you stated, I've never heard about them, but I will ask my grandpa. And I will search in Antonio Prado too.
Thank you and Peter,
[]'s
Aldo
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

With all due respects to Suanj there is NO ship named La France anywhere in my indices. The only France that could have transported your family to Brazil was built in St Nazaire in 1867. Peter
afmichel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by afmichel »

ptimber wrote:With all due respects to Suanj there is NO ship named La France anywhere in my indices. The only France that could have transported your family to Brazil was built in St Nazaire in 1867. Peter
Peter,
I did find the La France in the shiplist.com It belonged to SGTM Fleet. Over there is France built in 1896 and La France built years before.
But anyway, is it possible to consult the passengers lists of France or La France in those years?If one of them brought my family to Brazil? It's possible that I will find the place of departure, the date and provenience of them.
Thanks Peter
[]'s
Aldo
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

All it says is La france was built in 1870 and scrapped in 1895 and no mention is made of its route(s). Obviously I am overlooking something here. No mention is made of the route it took from Europe to North or South America. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The ship France (number 1 the first one) was built in 1867. The La France was built in 1870 so it has to be one of the two ships. Peter
afmichel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by afmichel »

ptimber wrote:Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:34 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ship France (number 1 the first one) was built in 1867. The La France was built in 1870 so it has to be one of the two ships. Peter

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:04 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All it says is La france was built in 1870 and scrapped in 1895 and no mention is made of its route(s). Obviously I am overlooking something here. No mention is made of the route it took from Europe to North or South America. Peter
Thanks for the explanation Peter, but I insist: Is there somehow the possibility of consulting of the passengers lists of both ships in that year?

Thank you again
[]´s
Aldo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

afmichel wrote:
suanj wrote:Aldo: I've found that "La France" ship port of departure, was Napoli...from Napoli partivano south italian, your ancestors sure they left from Genova' s port....
-18/12/1888

-27/10/1906

-12/10/1909

regards, suanj
suanj,
Well, all the documents that I've found are brazilian and the oldest one is this registration of arrival and it states that he steamer was named France, the name of my bisnonno is Angelo Michielin 01 year old, son of Giovanni 25 e Francesca Furlanetti 26 ( mispelled certainly ), and they steped in brazilian soil in 01/27/1888. The cappo della famiglia was Federico Michielin 48, father of Giovanni.
In the last Post, Peter has told us that there were many France's. So how can I find the lists of those ships???
I asked my grandpa, son of Angelo, and he confirmed every statement of this declaration, but the spelling MICHIELIN...We've always thought that we are MICHELIN and even those one whose the name was written as MIQUELIN ( a kind of portuguese form ) It sounds for us as Michelin, we've never heard MICHIELIN, and we, who talk in portuguese, certatinly would realize any difference because the languages are similar.
Those names you stated, I've never heard about them, but I will ask my grandpa. And I will search in Antonio Prado too.
Thank you and Peter,
[]'s
Aldo
Aldo, you have birthdate of Federico (capofamiglia) or Francesco or Giovanni Michielin? You have also and only 1 exact birthdate of this person( better of Federico or all)
To know exact birthdate male ancestors is very important..please let me know... suanj
afmichel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by afmichel »

suanj wrote:
afmichel wrote:
-18/12/1888

-27/10/1906

-12/10/1909

regards, suanj
suanj,
Thank you and Peter,
[]'s
Aldo
Aldo, you have birthdate of Federico (capofamiglia) or Francesco or Giovanni Michielin? You have also and only 1 exact birthdate of this person( better of Federico or all)
To know exact birthdate male ancestors is very important..please let me know... suanj
suanj,

No, unfortunately I just have the birthdate of the baby ( mio bisnonno ) Angelo Michielin 08th of december of 1887 in his "CI di straniero", that register of arrival states that in 27th of january of 1888 ( arrival date ) Giovanni ( mio trinonno )was 26 years old and Federico ( mio tetranonno ) was 48.

[]´s
Aldo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Aldo in Archivio di stato di treviso are regard years interested:
-Liste di leva of province Treviso(all Common) male born from 1902 to1928;
- Distretto Distretto militare di Treviso (province), Rubriche e ruoli matricolari (real military service) male born from 1874 to 1905, and 1906/1924
- only for Treviso Common: Liste di Leva around 1860 to 1873.
Well: Giovanni age 26 around born in 1862 , Federico age 48 born around 1839/1840..Francesco..? Aldo you have write to Treviso common....result?...you can to write to Archivio di Stato di Treviso for search in "Liste di Leva e ruoli matricolari" and also in "Espatri=emigration e Passaporti" from 1806 to 1888....

http://www.regione.veneto.it/Servizi+al ... rigini.htm

What you want to make? to write to Archive or also to send an email to all Common probable of birth your ancestors, list in my previous answer, and to ask they " Demand identifying assessment = " Richiesta accertamento anagrafico " ??....suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.frenchlines.com/eindex.php and select research. They do no t discuss passenger lists but documents back to 1850. You might ask them if they have the passenger lists. The fee is about 7 Euros a day. That is the best I can do. Peter