birth record for translation please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

birth record for translation please

Post by Clicker »

Hi Guys

I hate to be a bother, but could someone possible translate this for me. I kinda have a good idea of what's here (except for the bottom part), but I am being hampered by my poor understanding of italian combined with poor handwriting.

Much much appreciated

http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... doaxk7.png
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Re: birth record for translation please

Post by Clicker »

Hi Guys

I just looked at the orginal image I posted....perhaps this link is a better one to view the document?

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... doafn3.png
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi,

Domenico Talamelli, age 42, peasant, residing in Fano, declares that on 15 November 1884, in his house in San ....., case sparse, 802, his wife Catterina Pianosi gave birth to a baby boy, whose name is Giocondo Primo U...

The note at the bottom says that the declarant was excused from showing the baby as the house was too far away but that the officer had verified that the declaration was true.

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

The hamlet where the boy was born is San Cesareo.

Regards

Ada
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Clicker »

Ada

Thanks so much.....what do you suppose the number 802 is? is that a street address?

Again thanks a million
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

The 802 could be the civic (house) number. The name of the street is 'Scattered Houses' (case sparse).

The seemingly high number is probably because they used the ancient way of finding houses - as they still do in the village where I live. The number 802 could indicate that the house is 802 metres from the start of the road..

For example: My house is No. 519 - my nearest neighbour was 432, but a house has been built between us and the new house will have the number that corresponds with how many metres their gate is from the start of the road (probably about 465..)

This may sound strange, but it ensures that once you have a civic number of this kind - it will never have to alter to accommodate new houses!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi,
Well, it's a street number although there isn't a street name but the name of a hamlet of Fano (San Cesareo) and the indication "case sparse" which means (hope the translation gives the correct meaning) "scattered houses". It's just a number given to a house in that hamlet. Don't know if that will identify the house nowadays.
I couldn't decipher the third name given to the boy, I guess it could be "Ubaldo" but doesn't look much like. If you have the names of his grandparents or ggrandparents on both sides, it would be one of them as this was the tradition in many cases.

Ciao Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi Elba,
our replies crossed. Good explanation! I didn't know that, in fact it seemed very strange there were 802 houses scattered around.

Ciao Ada
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Clicker »

Wow, I had no idea that was how they numbered houses.....a lot of things now make a whole lot of sense now.

Ada, the full name is Giocondo, Primo, Oddo....I have another document that makes the name clearer.

Thanks so much for all you help, much appreciated.
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PianosiDiFano »

If it is any interest to you
I have the full family tree of a Catterina Pianosi born the 21st of September 1847 in Fano Italy
She is the sister of my great great grandfather
Her parents were Andrea Domenico Gaspare Pianosi (figlio di Pasquale di Antonio Pianosi e Maria di Francesco Antognoni) and Marianna Ghiandoni ( Figlia di Giovanni di Giaccomo Ghiandoni e Antonia Streccioni.)
Not sure if this is the same Catterina Pianosi as the name is recurring in the family
Clicker 2

Post by Clicker 2 »

Hello Clicker here (or rather Clicker 2, my account doesn't work anymore for some reason so I opened a second one names Clicker 2)

I would be totally interested in getting the Pianosi information if you would care to share it.

Yes, this Catterina Pianosi is my great great grandmother, this is the information I have for her. When my great grandfather immigrated to Canada, he didn't know how to read or write so we had very little information and it has taken me years just to find some information for the Talamelli name. I am not even sure I have managed to find all his brothers and sisters.

The Pianosi's lived in Copper Cliff very near my great grandparents and they had a small store that was almost the hub of the Italian community. I know that 'Red' Pianosi (as he was called here) could speak and write in Italian and English and he was the man Italian immigrants in Copper Cliff called on to read and write letters or help with their legal issues. We always know the Pianosi's were related to us in some way but we never knew how.....until we found Catterina's name and we figured out that they must be cousins. Red's store passed on to his sons and it was a very special place. As kids we used to go in there and they always gave us candy or salami and they imported all kinds of treats from Italy that we couldn't get enough of. The Pianosi's were very special to the town and are well remembered in Copper Cliff.

If you would like to give me your email, I can provide you with what I have for the Talamelli name if that's of any interest to you.

I have to say, I am very excited....thank you so much for reaching out

Kind Regards
Clicker