Surname - IERRSETICH or IERSETIC

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cguil_uk

Surname - IERRSETICH or IERSETIC

Post by cguil_uk »

Looking for my Aunt's Family.
Nerina Ierrsetich (or possibly Iersetic) b. 27 Aug 1922 Trieste, Italy
Married my mother's brother, John (aka 'Jack') Hayden 1955, Enfield, Middlesex, England.

On the marriage certificate, the bride's name is recorded as " IERSETTICH or IERSETIC". Both names are recorded as her surname. Maybe the original register was not clear when they came to index it.

All the people who could have helped me, within my immediate family, are dead, or to old to remember. This is all I have so any help would be appreciated.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname - IERRSETICH

Post by PeterTimber »

There is no listing for any Ierrsetich in Trieste, the Province or the region in the www.paginebianche.it directory. =Peter=
cguil_uk

Re: Surname - IERRSETICH

Post by cguil_uk »

PeterTimber wrote:There is no listing for any Ierrsetich in Trieste, the Province or the region in the www.paginebianche.it directory. =Peter=
Could it be a different spelling i.e. Eierstich? :?:
giuliana.galante

Re: Surname - IERRSETICH or IERSETIC

Post by giuliana.galante »

Iersetic is correct. Nerina Iersetic born 27 aug 1922 and died on 16 aug 1999 in Australia, was the only daughter of Jolanda Iersetic, born in Trieste on 8 march 1905 and died on 11 march 1974 in Trieste, last address via Biasoletto 4, before in via del Cisternone. Nerina's father is unknown. Jolanda Iersetic had a brother, Carlo Iersetich, born in Trieste on 19 april 1887. Both Giovanni's sons. In 1929 Carlo Iersetich asked to prefetto of Trieste to change its surname in another similar italian, so Carlo Iersetich became Carlo Resetti (this is published on the Gazzetta Ufficiale del Regno d'Italia of 16 luglio 1929), and so his wife Nerina Iersetic born Grizon (born on 6 june 1896) and their son Silvano, born on 12 sept 1919 and died on feb 2008. Silvano Resetti had only one son, Mario Resetti, married with Gianna, and they have a doughter, Chiara Resetti. Actually the family has a shop of hi-fi in Trieste, Radio Resetti snc. Giovanni Iersetic could neither read nor write, and so he could non write his signature. This is the reason for the different surnames of brother and sister.