Cairo/Conte/Spizzirri/Barbusico/Preite Castiglione Cozentina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nanette433

Cairo/Conte/Spizzirri/Barbusico/Preite Castiglione Cozentina

Post by Nanette433 »

Anyone with information on the above surnames, I would be interested in talking to. In particular I'm looking for the family of Grazia (Cairo) Preite born about 1888 in Castiglione Cozentina. Also from that area her uncle Pietro Cairo born around 1855 or any other family members.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Cairo/Conte/Spizzirri/Barbusico/Preite Castiglione Cozen

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to www,.paginebianche.it and put inthe Preite and Cairo surnames inthe firlst line (one at a time please) and then castiglione Cozentina and click CERCA for 22 Preite and 7 cairo surnames listed by full name,address and telephonenumbers.
=Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to IG....have you completed all US research? Do you need help in accessing Italian records? Or are you primarily interested in connecting with family?
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
miamayone

Post by miamayone »

I am looking for the relations of Francesco Liuzzi (1877) from Montemurro Potenza and Antonia Montano Corleto Petricana (1877) who came to NY- ALBANY 1903 - BOTH came form a very large family and many people have ignored the cousins and or siblings of their g- grandparents... I assume that most people from this small area with the same last name could be ralted... they had family that went to S America... These are the relations of my children- thank you
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Didn't you try to use the directory for Cairo and Preite at www.paginebianche.it as I outlined to you above? Once you see the people perhaps you may wish to write to them in Italy and ask about relatives in North and South America. =Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to IG Mia!!
We would be more than happy to help with any research you may need,
however in all fairness to the original poster I would encourage you to start your own thread. You can do this by going to the forum of your choice, and in the upper left hand corner, click new topic. In the meantime,
this link may help with manifest to South America:

Click on Find your roots, registration is required but free.

http://www.altreitalie.org/

wldspirit

Nanette433

Post by Nanette433 »

Thank you for your help, I have found a few american connections, but the ones I'm after died in Castiglione Cosentino. I'm afraid a language barrier might keep us from connecting, but i'm going to try!!!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Not at all, there are standard form letters which can be used:

Potential relative letter

Lds

wldspirit

Nanette433

Post by Nanette433 »

WOW! thank you so very much, that is awesome!!!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Once a reply is recieved you can post it for translation!! :)
wldspirit

cairo

Post by cairo »

wldspirit wrote:Once a reply is recieved you can post it for translation!! :)
wldspirit
Hi nanette433 my name is Almendra Cairo and my grand grand father was Pietro Cairo.. he come to argentina at the ends of 1800.
He was born in Castelnuovo scrivia, Alesandria.
Nanette433

Post by Nanette433 »

Thanks for th ereply Almendra, but I don't think we are talking about the same Pietro. My Pietro Cairo was born in Castiglione Cosentina and I have reason to believe came over the the states - Pennsylvania in the early 1800's with his son Luigi.
pbruzzoni

Post by pbruzzoni »

miamayone wrote:I am looking for the relations of Francesco Liuzzi (1877) from Montemurro Potenza and Antonia Montano Corleto Petricana (1877) who came to NY- ALBANY 1903 - BOTH came form a very large family and many people have ignored the cousins and or siblings of their g- grandparents... I assume that most people from this small area with the same last name could be ralted... they had family that went to S America... These are the relations of my children- thank you

Miamayone
Perhaps you are still using the forum. My great grandfather was francesco Liuzzi from montemurro aznd his father was Domenico liuzzi (who arrive to argentina arround 1900). I think that perhaps your francesco from albany and Domenico were brothers
Roseantique

Post by Roseantique »

miamayone wrote:I am looking for the relations of Francesco Liuzzi (1877) from Montemurro Potenza and Antonia Montano Corleto Petricana (1877) who came to NY- ALBANY 1903 - BOTH came form a very large family and many people have ignored the cousins and or siblings of their g- grandparents... I assume that most people from this small area with the same last name could be ralted... they had family that went to S America... These are the relations of my children- thank you

I am new to this site so I don't know if I am posting this correctly. I am noticing that several members in the Liuzzi thread mentioned that their family went to Argentina. I am trying to find out anything about my grandfather's family? He was Louis William Liuzzi, which would have been Luigi Gierllmo Liuzzi. He came to the US with his parents and siblings from Naples in 1901. They were supposed to come into NY (Ellis Island) but there was a bad storm and they were diverted to Boston. They were on their way to South America, but decided to stay in the US and they settled in upstate NY in a little town called Gloversville. They became glove makers. Some of my grandfather's siblings were: Julia (Giulia) Nancy (Nunziad), John, Salvadore, Earl, and Mary. Some of these names were Americanized and I don't know the translations. Earl may have been Horazio. I would like to find out if my Liuzzi family was from Naples, or if they just sailed out of Naples to the US. My grandfather never talked about his relatives they left in Italy, except that there was an uncle who was in the Italian military. I would also like to know if they had relatives in South America and is that the reason they were originally going there. Any information is appreciated. --Karen