D'Elia or Totaro from Potenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
m.delio

D'Elia or Totaro from Potenza

Post by m.delio »

Hi!

I'm looking for any information on my husband's family from Potenza, specifically the Santa Arcangelo area.

Michael D'Elia, born 1895 in Potenza, moved to New York, went back to Italy to marry his wife, last name Totaro, and then returned to New York. He changed his name to Mike Delio and served in the US military from 1916-1919.

Michael's father was Thomas D'Elia from Potenza. He was probably born around 1880, I would guess. He married Anna DeLorenzo. Also related to Giuseppi DeLorenzo who married Filomena.

Thanks! :)
misbris
Master
Master

Re: D'Elia or Totaro from Potenza

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I don't know if you have gathered all your American records yet. If so, it would help if you posted the manifest.

I found this manifest as a possibility. Can you confirm if it is the correct manifest?

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0009

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0009
m.delio

Post by m.delio »

Thank you so much for finding this for me! It is the correct manifest. I had looked on the Ellis Island website before with no luck. This has given me more information, and I truly appreciate your help. Thanks again.
Mairna
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

You are very welcome. Everone here is very helpful.

Do you have info on his 2nd trip? What was his wife's first name? Do you have census info?

The name D'Elia is often mispelled. (I have D'Elias in my family) I have seen so many variations it is unbelievable!!!!

If you need anything else, let us know. :lol: