SURNAME, LIPARI, SIENA ITALY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

SURNAME, LIPARI, SIENA ITALY

Post by CapeTownItalians »

We are looking for any Lipari's from province of Siena, Tuscany, Italy?
Please if there are any Lipari's out there, would love to hear from you.
Our great grandfather, Bartollomeo Lipari, born 27/09/1875 at Cecilia, Italy.
He immigrated to South Africa, early 1900's he must have been about 25yrs when he came over. He married a S.A. woman named Sarah on the 21/10/1901 and they had six children, one girl Angeline(my grandmother) and five boys, Henry, Francesco, Michael, Anthony and Luke!
If there is anyone out there with information on the Lipari family would love to hear from you.
We are trying to get hold of his birth certificate from Poggio Santa Cecilia but will take a while, so in the meantime if you have any information will be much appreciated. (There friends here were the Bosco family also from Italy.)
Ciao
Linda
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: SURNAME, LIPARI, SIENA ITALY

Post by PeterTimber »

There is only one Lipari in the entire province of Siena so why not give thema call..or write a letter. Gio to www.paginebianche.it and insert Lipari int he frist line and SI for entiore Siena province and click CERCA for full name,address and telephonenumber. =Peter=
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

Hi Peter

Thanks, could this mean that he was not from the Siena region?
Any other suggestions how we could trace his family will be greatly appreciated.
Molto gracie
Ciao
Linda
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

This is where you indicated their place of originso youmay as well contact that oneperson and checkout your intial information which oftimes has some connection. For your ready refernce go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and place Lipari inthe upper left for allLipari in residence thruout Italy by city,town or villlage so you can grasp whatyour faced with. =Peter=
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

You are not going to elieve what I found, they are spread so far and wide it's amazing.
Most of the Lipari's are found in Sicilia! Quite a few in the Northern part of Italy a hanful in the middle(Toscana region).
We at first thought he was born in Sicilia, but Palermo has replied saying not so. A copy of an old "register" (stating his date of birth, where he was born and who he married as well as a list of his children) we have says that he was born at Cecilia, Italy. Are we wrong to assume it could be Sicilia or is it Poggio St Cecilia??
I also did check out the paginebianche.it and there are more Lipari's in Sicilia than anywhere else in Italy? Strange.
Ciao
Linda
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocapt.it and put in the top the name (s) of the towns youare bringing up (Poggio Santa Cecilia, Santa Cecilia and Cecilia) Two of the towns with Cecilia as part of the name are in Salerno province. Anorther somewhat similar but not Cwecialia is in Toscana and Poggio Santa Cecilia does not exist as a town nor as a frazione (suburb or neighborhood of a town who absorbed this area).

Why is it strange there are more Lipari's in Sicily ?? =Peter=
sherryt

Post by sherryt »

Hi Linda
My grandfather was Francisco Lipari, we migrated to Australia in 2003 and
I have marriage certificate between Bartollomeo and Sarah, and they had 6 children. My mother Ethel who is Francisco daughter is still alive and lives in South Africa and she might have more informaton, will check with her.

Regards
Sherry
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

sherryt wrote:Hi Linda
My grandfather was Francisco Lipari, we migrated to Australia in 2003 and
I have marriage certificate between Bartollomeo and Sarah, and they had 6 children. My mother Ethel who is Francisco daughter is still alive and lives in South Africa and she might have more informaton, will check with her.

Regards
Sherry
Dear Sherry

My humble apologies, for only replying now. Normally I would get an email to say that I have a new message. None the less I am so glad to hear from you. The world is definitely getting smaller. My grandmother, the only daughter was Angeline, then I do know the other brothers are Henry, Francisco, Michael, Anthony and Luke all born in Muizenberg and Kalk Bay Cape Town. You have no idea how happy I am to hear from you.
What are the chances of faxing or scanning the birth certificate to me.
Forgive me for being so forward but it is really great to hear from family.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards Linda :D
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

CapeTownItalians wrote:We are looking for any Lipari's from province of Siena, Tuscany, Italy?
Please if there are any Lipari's out there, would love to hear from you.
Our great grandfather, Bartollomeo Lipari, born 27/09/1875 at Cecilia, Italy.
He immigrated to South Africa, early 1900's he must have been about 25yrs when he came over. He married a S.A. woman named Sarah on the 21/10/1901 and they had six children, one girl Angeline(my grandmother) and five boys, Henry, Francesco, Michael, Anthony and Luke!
If there is anyone out there with information on the Lipari family would love to hear from you.
We are trying to get hold of his birth certificate from Poggio Santa Cecilia but will take a while, so in the meantime if you have any information will be much appreciated. (There friends here were the Bosco family also from Italy.)
Ciao
Linda
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

> Hi Peter
>
> me again. Not sure whether I mentioned the fact that someone from Australia
> has information for me concernng my great grandfather, Bartollomeo Lipari.
> As I mentioned before I did not get her post until a few months after the fact.
> I am really dissapointed as I am dying to hear from her again.
> What am I supposed to do now, do you think. She has not yet responded to my
> email and I am a bit concerned that I may have lost the only contact to our Italian family. Please tell me what to do. (She is in possession of my great grandfather and mothers' marriage certificate!) Their one son Francisco, his daughter, is still alive in South Africa and this woman that wrote me, Sherry T, is the daughter.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
> Ciao
> Linda
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

send her a classynew years card and "hope to hear from you soon as your my only tie to the rest of the family "sort of greeting which may give you licence to send another follow-up letter in February. =Peter=
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

how can I send her a classy new years card? I do not have her email address?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I assumed she sent her address along with her letter to you some time after the fact.=Peter=
CapeTownItalians
Rookie
Rookie

Hi Peter

Yeah man, a bit dissappointing i'd say, no she never did forward her contact address.

So now I guess I will have to wait in anticipation to hear from her, hey?

So I will just have to wait and see.
But thanks anyway ........
ciao ciao :cry:
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If she came from a small town maybe you can address a letter or card to her lastname and the town andnothing else..?? =Peter=