geneology pizzo, lupo. chimera, calamia,

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fantoniak

geneology pizzo, lupo. chimera, calamia,

Post by fantoniak »

i have names caterina pizzo from castelvertrano italy born 9/15/1918
her father was francesco pizzo from castelvertrano born 1885
francesco wife antonia calamia

also carmelo lupo from castelemini italy born 6/15/1911
can any one tell me how to search in italy for family tree or brothers and sisters i have all records of ask me i need help
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: geneology pizzo, lupo. chimera, calamia,

Post by ptimber »

go to the nearest Family History Library of the Mormon church and rent the microfilm of the civil records which date back to 1820. They cover all births,marriages and deaths as well as Stato di Famiglia for each head of household. Peter
fantoniak

Post by fantoniak »

thank you peter: i have already went to nara sight and morman site i cant do it the sight keeps sending me somewhere else i already looked up passanger and crew list i have all the info (ie) roll # vol# and other info but i dont know how to get the records. i called them and they said i had to go to the state of arrival i tried that also.\
i have all info from ellisisland. with dates but only to 1924 i need 1929 also any help will be appriciated
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not understand you!??? Did you look for the nearest Family History Library of the Mormon church where you live?? By the way where do you live? Peter
fantoniak

Post by fantoniak »

i did not go to the church i am disableded i did it all on computer up to a point where i could not get i gues its the film
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Well why didn't you say so but you still did not tell me where you live..Italy or the USA or somewhere else?? peter
fantoniak

Post by fantoniak »

i live in new jersey usa
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Finally! Now if you tell me what you want perhaps i can help you. Are you housebound and is there anyone who can assist you? Peter
fantoniak

Post by fantoniak »

i am housebound no one can help i have to do it on computer
im trying to find out way back when and where they are buried i kinow about my mother and father but not about my grandparents only there names and date of birth and towns they were born in
my grandfather pizzo made many trips back and forth from italy to n.y. then from n.y. to italy.
my father came here when he was 5 in 1916 all my searches say no good but i have the proff and the papers i tried to contact italy but all there pages are in italian. i dont read italian. my mother caterina pizzo born italy came here in 1929 i cant seam to get the passanger list for that year
7/18/29.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can get passenger lists for the USA and for NY in partiulcar by filing form 81 with NARA (USA archives) at 201 Varick Street, NYC/ 212-401-1620 since ellis island archiuves on computer ared notavailable after 1920 something. Form 81 covers all entries into the USA from 1820 to 1959. Also go to www.circolocalabrese.org for form letters in italian so when you write to the town of origin n italy you will know what you are sending them in asking for documents. When reequesting birth records ask for Estratti (extracts so all information of parents aree included. Peter
fantoniak

Post by fantoniak »

thanks alot peter i will start my quest and i will let you know of the results you are a very special person to help everyone that you do
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am not alone in this and there is a gal named Suanj who puts me to shame. peter