I want to get italian nationalaty, but I cant...help me!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

I want to get italian nationalaty, but I cant...help me!!

Post by lololo »

my great-grandmother was born in italy but she was regirested as brazilian. She was born in 1895. My grandmother was born in 1931 and my mother in 1960. By italian law, i can´t get italian nationalaty because it comes from women...please, is there another way to i get it?!
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: I want to get italian nationalaty, but I cant...help me!

Post by ptimber »

lemarche

Post by lemarche »

lololo wrote:my great-grandmother was born in italy but she was regirested as brazilian. She was born in 1895. My grandmother was born in 1931 and my mother in 1960. By italian law, i can´t get italian nationalaty because it comes from women...please, is there another way to i get it?!
The method by which you are thinking to obtain citizenship by "blood" cannot be used as you state. Therefore, at this point, forget about the "blood" relations as BEING the fact of validating your pursuit of citizenship since the Italian government doesnt recognize it. Currently, there is not another method other than living there for 5-10 years. Its a harsh reality to face, but i understand your desires regardless. Unlike America that has many of excuses to hand out citizenship to anyone, in Italy it is more black and white.

lemarche
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Your advice that there is no way for this inquirer to obtain italian citizenship is not the best advice you can furnish. The best advice is for him to obtain the services of an attorney or reputable organziation and that is where persons with delicate matters should be reeferred to. This is a genealogy forum. Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

lemarche wrote:
lololo wrote:my great-grandmother was born in italy but she was regirested as brazilian. She was born in 1895. My grandmother was born in 1931 and my mother in 1960. By italian law, i can´t get italian nationalaty because it comes from women...please, is there another way to i get it?!
The method by which you are thinking to obtain citizenship by "blood" cannot be used as you state. Therefore, at this point, forget about the "blood" relations as BEING the fact of validating your pursuit of citizenship since the Italian government doesnt recognize it. Currently, there is not another method other than living there for 5-10 years. Its a harsh reality to face, but i understand your desires regardless. Unlike America that has many of excuses to hand out citizenship to anyone, in Italy it is more black and white.

lemarche
thats ridiculous, just because my heritage comes from only women i can´t get it! if they were men, i could!! i think italy is still in xvi century
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:Your advice that there is no way for this inquirer to obtain italian citizenship is not the best advice you can furnish. The best advice is for him to obtain the services of an attorney or reputable organziation and that is where persons with delicate matters should be reeferred to. This is a genealogy forum. Peter
genealogy, citizenship, its all the same stuff
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:try www.myitalianfamily.com. Peter
grazie
missb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missb »

Unfortunately, that's how it is :( It's a bit sexist, but it's how the Italian law is.

In portuguese for you now:

Se tu tivesses tido um bisavô italiano, tu já poderias ter a nacionalidade, supondo que a tua vó tivesse nascido após 1948. Mas se é só pela linhagem feminina, não tem jeito mesmo. Fora que se a tua bisavó ainda por cima se naturalizou brasileira (ou foi registrada brasileira), então é mais impossível ainda, pois ela não é mais italiana... :(

Sorry to you all that don't speak portuguese, but I thought it'd be clearer to him/her :)

thats ridiculous, just because my heritage comes from only women i can´t get it! if they were men, i could!! i think italy is still in xvi century[/quote]
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Keep knocking at the door! Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

missb wrote:Unfortunately, that's how it is :( It's a bit sexist, but it's how the Italian law is.

In portuguese for you now:

Se tu tivesses tido um bisavô italiano, tu já poderias ter a nacionalidade, supondo que a tua vó tivesse nascido após 1948. Mas se é só pela linhagem feminina, não tem jeito mesmo. Fora que se a tua bisavó ainda por cima se naturalizou brasileira (ou foi registrada brasileira), então é mais impossível ainda, pois ela não é mais italiana... :(

Sorry to you all that don't speak portuguese, but I thought it'd be clearer to him/her :)

thats ridiculous, just because my heritage comes from only women i can´t get it! if they were men, i could!! i think italy is still in xvi century
[/quote]

:evil: but one day this stupid law has to change!