tracking down vital stats from Santomenna???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tdigeronimo

tracking down vital stats from Santomenna???

Post by tdigeronimo »

How can I find vital statistics for great-grandparents? I am looking for the birth, marriage and death records of Francesco DiGeronimo (born abt mid 1800s) and his wife Mariangiola Gatto, both from Santomenna/Salerno. Their son (my grandfather) was Giuseppe DiGeronimo born in Santomenna/Salerno in 1884 and emmigrated to USA in 1901. In 1908 in Santomenna, Giuseppe married Maria Guiseppa DiNicola (born 1888; daughter of Emidio Felice DiNicola and Anna Altera)
My son in the USA, Joseph DiGeronimo, has been invited to play for a professional baseball team in Italy if he can obtain dual citizenship. This last link to the great-grandparents is his stumbling block and time is running out. I have sent an email asking for Giuseppe's birth records to ROSA VIGORITO Del Stato Civile Comune di SANTOMENNA ITALIA, but after one month and 3 copies of the request, I've still heard nothing.
I appreciate any help or advice. Thank you.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: tracking down vital stats from Santomenna???

Post by PeterTimber »

requests must be in italianlangiage and I think e-mail is not treated as well as a letter. Try http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

All I readis thatyou sent ane -mail and nothing else so I do not want to overlook the obvious but this maybe the problem. Toss in a few Euros if you have them handy. =Peter=
tdigeronimo

Post by tdigeronimo »

Thank you for this advice. I will send a letter by mail immediately. Will the following address be sufficient?
Del Stato Civile
Comune di SANTOMENNA
ITALIA
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I would have thought the team coach would have helped with this but if not then send me the details and I'll call them for you. Emails sometimes work but letters with an addressed envelope are much better.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The address is Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Santo Menna 84020, (SA), Campagniia region, Italy unless you want to send it to that lovely looking lady Anne T . =Peter=
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

tdigeronimo wrote:Thank you for this advice. I will send a letter by mail immediately. Will the following address be sufficient?
Del Stato Civile
Comune di SANTOMENNA
ITALIA
better so:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza 23 Novembre
84020 Santomenna (SA)
Italy

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: