Looking for family in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brianapat

Looking for family in Italy

Post by brianapat »

Hello, I am helping my mother-in-law look for her family in Italy. My MIL's fathers name was Pasquale Cammarano. He came to the US with his brother John. He had a sister in Italy named Maria. She doesn't know the names of her grandparents, only that they lived in a town that she said "sounds" like Ashea. She doesn't know the real name. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? Briana
brianapat

Re: Looking for family in Italy

Post by brianapat »

Ok, I found Ascea in the town locator, but how can I search the towns?
Briana
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

www.comuni.it go to lower left and put min name ajd click when name surfaces for basic municipal data. What are you looking for?? Peter
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

brianapat wrote:Ok, I found Ascea in the town locator, but how can I search the towns?
Briana
Found a Pasquale that arrived in 1905 from Ascea... another with the name that lived in California. If you could indicate where Pasquale settled in the US, we might be able to find some census info.

Also, Ascea is near Salerno and its records are not avialable on microfilm...you will have to write to the Commune to get them. I found a Pierluigi Cammarano who is a student and lives in Ascea...his e-mail is 040243@luiss.it He had responded to a message board at Ancestry.com for Cammarano and had suggested for them to write to him directly. So he probably would welcome your note.

It's worth a try! If you can give other info, we will check Pasquale out in the census for you.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: just says Essgee that probable Pasquale Cammarano emigrated 29 Sep. 1905 age 38, but not with brother John(Giovanni) but with Grazia Cammarano sister it goes from Emiddio(Emidio) Laurito husband of Grazia and brother in law of Pasquale...in travel togheter with many persons from Ascea...are this Pasquale your ancestor?
..If this are your ancestor, you can to obtain more info sending an letter (or fax +39 0974 977308 ) to Ascea Common:
Ufficio Anagrafe
Via XXIV Maggio
84046 Ascea (SA)
Italia
and you request "Richiesta accertamento anagrafico di Cammarano Pasquale classe 1866/1867 nato a Ascea (SA)";
..in Common make search birth registry and you discovery Pasquale relatives names and Pasquale exact birthdate...
regards, suanj
brianapat

Post by brianapat »

Hello,
Pasquale lived in Staten Island, with his wife Geneiveve(Gotto), and they had 3 children, Patrick, a son who died and then Josaphine(my MIL).

I am hoping to find a current address do that my MIL and her brother can find family and correspond or visit. Even to just know.

Just got off the phone with her...Pasquale was born in the US, and his parents took him back to Italy. His father's name was Frank (Cammarano) He then returned at age 21 and resided in the US permanently. Giovanni was already here.

So... I guess I'm looking for family of Frank and Charles Cammarano in Acsea. I don't know if they had anymore siblings.

Sorry this is choppy. She doesn't remember alot, and she didn't ask her parents any questions as a child.
Thank You, Briana
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Briana, you visite this website http://web.rdn.it/nofla/AEC-1.htm
regards, suanj
brianapat

Post by brianapat »

Thank you very much suanj. I will do it today.Briana
piero78

Post by piero78 »

Hello Briana,

I was reading with interest your mails posted on this site.

I am Pierluigi Cammarano from Ascea, Italy, the guy you were referring to, but I changed my email address (I am not anymore a student).

write back if u like, we can chat about our common family..if it is so.

In the meanwhile I will try to discover something more about your relatives.

Pierluigi
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

piero78 wrote:Hello Briana,

I was reading with interest your mails posted on this site.

I am Pierluigi Cammarano from Ascea, Italy, the guy you were referring to, but I changed my email address (I am not anymore a student).

write back if u like, we can chat about our common family..if it is so.

In the meanwhile I will try to discover something more about your relatives.

Pierluigi
Ciao Pierluigi, benvenuto fra noi! Finalmente si cominciano a vedere anche degli italiani d'Italia su questo sito! Sono felicissima...spero che potrai aiutare la nostra amica Briana, poichè avete lo stesso cognome...a presto... to soon, suanj