DiCiurcio / DiCurcio Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
danic2

DiCiurcio / DiCurcio Family

Post by danic2 »

I am trying to find any information out there regarding my family name. It is spelled both ways in america. My paternal granfather was Marino DiCiurcio and grandmother was Maria Greneri both from the village of Compobasso, either in umbria or abruzzi. Both imigrated to NYC in the early part of the 20th century. Supposedly, some my grandfathers brothers imigrated to San Paulo, Brazil around the same time, and there is still family in Compobasso.

My maternal grandmothers married name was Anna Diamonte (sicily?)
her maiden name was grecco (naples?)

Thank you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: DiCiurcio / DiCurcio Family

Post by ptimber »

I suspect the ellis island website will provide a correct spelling but to make sure you can use the data there to obtain a copy of the relevant birth records either from Italy or from the micorfilm of the civil records of their town of origin. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

danic2 wrote:I am trying to find any information out there regarding my family name. It is spelled both ways in america. My paternal granfather was Marino DiCiurcio and grandmother was Maria Greneri both from the village of Compobasso, either in umbria or abruzzi. Both imigrated to NYC in the early part of the 20th century. Supposedly, some my grandfathers brothers imigrated to San Paulo, Brazil around the same time, and there is still family in Compobasso.

My maternal grandmothers married name was Anna Diamonte (sicily?)
her maiden name was grecco (naples?)

Thank you.
HI: really the exact surname is DI CIURCIO present in Isernia town; in the past Isernia was in Campobasso province... currently also Isernia are town and province...;
on ellis island are many records for DI CIURCIO andalso with misspelled surname(DE CIURCIO; DI CUIRCIO;Di Cinrcio; Di CUERCIO etc..all coming from Isernia area) but not found Marino...I think Marino coming from Isernia town.
Greneri surname sure not existing in Italy, probable misspelled..
are necessary know year of birth marino, and after you can to send an email Isernia common for request info....
regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

..............which can be found in the family history library of the mormon church nearest your home. Peter