Anyone know about Oliveto Citra, Salerno?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Tennis17

Anyone know about Oliveto Citra, Salerno?

Post by Tennis17 »

Hi I"m looking for information about this town and about two families from here, The Lurgio's and The Calabrese's.

Thanks,
Joelyn
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Anyone know about Oliveto Citra, Salerno?

Post by ptimber »

There are 7 Lurgios and 2 calabrese listed. If I were you I would write a letter for the Lurgios and one for the calabrese's and ask them what they know about your family. There is a website for Oliveto Citra as well at www.comuni.it and if you wish there are form letters in italian which can be written to prospective rerlatives if you wish. Please let me know. Peter
Tennis17

Post by Tennis17 »

ptimber wrote:There are 7 Lurgios and 2 calabrese listed. If I were you I would write a letter for the Lurgios and one for the calabrese's and ask them what they know about your family. There is a website for Oliveto Citra as well at www.comuni.it and if you wish there are form letters in italian which can be written to prospective rerlatives if you wish. Please let me know. Peter
thanks Peter,

I think I have found someone who has contacted the Lurgios in that town. He got in touch with me last night, seems he is somehow related to the Lurgio side. As far as the Calabrese, I would appreciate form letters to send to them.

Thanks, Joelyn
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Hello, I just joined the forum because I have reached the point in my research where I have all the information on my Italian relatives that came to/were born in the United States. I have read through advice on what to do next and I am considering writing letters to officials in Italy. One of the locations that I am looking at is Oliveto Citra which I found in this old thread.

I was wondering if Tennis 17 (or anyone else!) had any luck dealing with officials in Oliveto Citra. I am trying to find the parents of Donato (Dan) Santoro who was born in Oliveto (1893) and immigrated/died in Chicago, IL (1947). The names I have from his death certificate are James Santoro and Grazia Ferrazuolo.

Also from this town is Giovanni (John) Vece (b. 1873 d. 1932 Chicago) whose parents are Domenico Vece and Josephine Russo and his wife Maria Rose Mangieri (b. 1872 d. 1950 Chicago) and her father Joseph Mangieri. Giovanni and Maria were married in 1894 according to the US Census.

It seems that Vece and Russo are the most popular names in this town. Any help or advice would be much appreciated! Also, if anyone has tried this route before I would love to hear how it went for this town!

Thanks in advance,

Matt