CAN anyone please help me with this translation- urgent:(

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rosecotton

CAN anyone please help me with this translation- urgent:(

Post by rosecotton »

1)Il mucchio di bicicletter rugginose che avevano precipitare era il primo di molti altri che, in un seguito continuato, si allineavano sul marciapiede ai due lati dell'apertura del negozio.

2) quell'ammasso di rottami giungeva fino al soffitto ,stava in piedi per opera dei mille incastri nei quali le cose si allacciavano in un intrico fittissimo, reso piu' stabile da un gran numero di lunghe catene di ferro che, come serpenti nerastri s'intrecciavano qua e la' e scomparivano nel folto.

Please into english..i'd be realy grateful!
rosecotton

Re: CAN anyone please help me with this translation- urgent:

Post by rosecotton »

sorry mistake in the first sentence, CHE AVEVO FATTO PRECIPITARE
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

Wasn't this a site about genealogy?

L.
rosecotton

Post by rosecotton »

not only, in fact i wrote in section:Indice del forum -> Italian language, handwriting , script & translations

if you do not want to help simply don't...
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

rosecotton wrote:not only, in fact i wrote in section:Indice del forum -> Italian language, handwriting , script & translations

if you do not want to help simply don't...
If you understand the context of your Italian text (and you should, otherwise why would you be trying to translate it?), then any online tool such as Google's translator should get you close enough.
rosecotton

Post by rosecotton »

no i don't speak italian at all ,i just need it, google translator is not a good tool.anyway not to worry just ignore my 'topic'.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Rose......
Welcome to IG.
While we do translation and the like, most of our volunteers do so for genealogy related material, and occasionally matters related to immigration or citizenship.

I have read the text of your post and it does not appear to be related to any of these categories.....am I mistaken? Can you please clarify?
Thank you,
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

rosecotton wrote:no i don't speak italian at all ,i just need it, google translator is not a good tool.anyway not to worry just ignore my 'topic'.
Google translator is a fine tool for translating other languages into your native tongue (but not the other way around!), if you are willing to take the translated text and "work with it" to find the full meaning. In that regard, other tools, such as wordreference.com, can be invaluable.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

rosecotton wrote:no i don't speak italian at all ,i just need it, google translator is not a good tool.anyway not to worry just ignore my 'topic'.
While not really a subject for a site like Italian Genealogy, I see no reason why a quick stab at what is a strange text cannot be offered as a 'one off'. So - for what it's worth - here's my two cents on what it says:

Translation
1)The pile of rusty bicycles that I made fall was the first of many others that, in a continuous stream, lined themselves up on the pavement on both sides of the shop door.

2) that load of scrap reached the ceiling, and stayed upright because of the thousands of traps in which the things got caught up in a tight intricacy, rendered safer by a great number of long iron chains that, like black snakes twisted this way and that and there disappeared into the mess.

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thank you elba for providing the translation.

rosecotton..

I have been reading this thread and I could help but adding my comments which may or may not help you in the future. Just because a person is asking a question does not mean that they do not want to help you. When you mark a thread urgent on a board which is clearly genealogy related, then its only natural that someone be curious and want to make sure that you have posted on the correct forum! Remember, the people here are volunteers so if you need something done, URGENT, as you put it, then the least you can do is be polite.

I trust elba has translated your post to your satisfaction?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Poesia ?