Trescastagni, Sicily property

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tdesign90

Trescastagni, Sicily property

Post by tdesign90 »

My grandfather lived in Trescastagni. (if you have a chance look this place up its so beautiful) Came to America age 16 in 1914.

I was wondering, is there any way to find out where his mother's property was in this little town (where he lived as a boy). My cousins in Italy say its abandoned now..but he went back in the 70's to visit it and his cousins where living there. We never did find out the street address. wrote to cousins and spoke to them in Sept of this year (08) ..got no answers...

Someday I hope to visit ..it would be great to just see where he lived...also you can view it via internet these days :) ...I also need to find out his fathers name!

I know about http://www.italianlaw.net/ but they charge a 200.00 fee ...these things should be available to the public I am sure..free of charge if you feel like doing a lot of research.

thanks
tdesign90
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Trescastagni, Sicily property

Post by PeterTimber »

The town is TRECASTAGNI and if you go to www.nonsolocap.it and put this name int ehtop ,click CERCA and when the next screen =will show, the postal code, the town name, (CT)=Catania, and Sicily. Click on the name Trecastagni and a screen will come up with the town of trecastagni, the addresses for the town government and adminstration, the mayor etc. There is also a www for the town itself in the right hand side in the middle with some pictures of Trecastagni.

You may wish to check the Mormon Family History Library for LAND AND PROPERTY under the family history library catalogue for any listing for Trecastagni. =Peter=
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

tdesign90 wrote:My grandfather lived in Trescastagni. (if you have a chance look this place up its so beautiful) Came to America age 16 in 1914.

I was wondering, is there any way to find out where his mother's property was in this little town (where he lived as a boy). My cousins in Italy say its abandoned now..but he went back in the 70's to visit it and his cousins where living there. We never did find out the street address. wrote to cousins and spoke to them in Sept of this year (08) ..got no answers...

Someday I hope to visit ..it would be great to just see where he lived...also you can view it via internet these days :) ...I also need to find out his fathers name!

I know about http://www.italianlaw.net/ but they charge a 200.00 fee ...these things should be available to the public I am sure..free of charge if you feel like doing a lot of research.

thanks
tdesign90
Hello,
first of all you need to know his mother name and maiden name.
After that you need to know when this property was acquired, and with all the infos you have, you can contact Catania State Archive and Agenzia del Territorio di Catania
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

Hello Tdesign
I read your posting regarding your family's abandoned property in Italy. Yes, we charge a fee of $188 but that not only includes the title report (your mother's property for example) and a 30 minute telephone consultation.

Reflect for a second. Once one receives an official title report the question is always "how do I reclaim it?" That is why there is a charge, not because the report costs $188.

Also, for your information we have direct access to all Italian real estate records in all of Italy.

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
Novato, CA
tdesign90

Post by tdesign90 »

recently my mother received a letter from Italy regarding the abandoned property. My grandfather's brother's wife sold it and now there are villa's on the property...
Its very sad we didn't have a chance to keep it in the family...

tdesign90
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

Tdesign90

Why do I sense just a note of resignation? No wonder that Italian Amricans lose so much property in Italy to squatters and other family members letting the statue of limiations run out.

If you received a letter regarding property there is most likely something going. We cannot help you without a title report.

The question is under succession law, did she have a right to sell it? When?

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco