Translation help with page from processetti please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Translation help with page from processetti please

Post by gennattasio »

I would much appreciate some assistance with translating this death record for Carmine Aricò. Specifically the 3rd paragraph, I don't quite understand all of it. This document was in the processetti for the marriage of Carmine's grandson. Thank you.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translation help with page from processetti please

Post by liviomoreno »

Sig. Giudice, we knew Carmine Arico', born in Axxxxxx, in Sicily, maintown very close to our homeland. About 16 years ago the same died, and we know it because when we saw his family with mourning dresses and asked for the reason, they ensured of the death of him Arico', that [the death] was ceaselessly said in public, and we believed to it, since we did not see anymor him Arico' as usual, and his death was always ensured [confirmed]. We also believe that there is nothing in writing about the death of him Arco', because maybe the family did not care to notify the Ufficiale di Satato Civile at that time.
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gennattasio »

Excellent Livio, thanks so much, very helpful. Any guesses as to the Axxxxx town in Sicilia?
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi,
i can't understand the name of the town in sicily. we have 9 maintown in Sicily :
Palermo (greek name Panormus), Agrigento (ancient name Girgenti, greek name Akragas), Caltanissetta, Catania, Enna (ancient name Castrogiovanni), Siracusa, Ragusa, Trapani (greek name Drepanum) and
Messina.
We have 390 towns in sicily and this begins with "A" letter :
Agrigento, Alessandria della Rocca, Aragona, Acquaviva Platani, Aci Bonaccorsi, Aci Castello, Aci Catena, Acireale, Aci Sant'Antonio, Adrano, Acquedolci, Alcara Li Fusi, Alì, Alì Terme, Antillo, Alia, Alimena, Aliminusa, Altavilla Milicia, Altofonte, Acate, Augusta, Avola, Alcamo.
Have you another source to have the name of the town?
Greetings from sicily
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gennattasio »

Carmine's children were born in Tripi, this is the only other town in Sicilia I have seen on documents connected to this family.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gennattasio »

Very cool and interesting links Luca, thank you.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

I think the town is at 100% Novara di Sicilia, because in the act it says Anovara, town that don't exist, and the nearest (both geographically and graphically) is just "Novara di Sicilia".

Ciao
Luca
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gennattasio »

Bravo Luca!