Is this unusual?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JoBuj
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Is this unusual?

Post by JoBuj »

Yes Peter my thoughts exactly....if I could imagine... the story begining in the very small mountainous village of Castel Castagna a peasant farmer... One day this will all come together and make a story for the generations of my family to come.

Sunj / Peter This information is truly enlightening, I know the information on this thread will help so many others. I hope more can be added by others to unravel the mysteries of records of this sort. I am learning to recognize words written in italian but the translations are from another era of thought and need explanation at times like this subject. I really need to learn to speak italian. Thanks to you Sunj for translating the ancient writtings, many books and web translator pages do not contain these ancient words.

Maybe in the future on this website there will be a listing of ancient words/translations that you would find on these records.

Grazie Grazie Grazie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The words are not ancient you are not just familiar with Italian versions of Napoleonic law which permeated all of europe except for england and english common law upon which american law is based....These words exist today even though the worlds'morality code has sunk into a dark age where morality is not needed nor heeded. Peter
JoBuj
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JoBuj »

I agree with the morality of today being the pits.

If this is everyday language, just the legal writing style, why don't translation programs or books recognize the words? Is there a better translating program? Or better yet just use you and Sunj LOL. The biggest problem is reading the handwriting. :roll:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You see handwriting I see art!! Its gorgeous script if you didn't need to understand it. The words are in use just nobody uses them anymore. Its all rubbish do it yourself stuff these days. Rely on us we are well tained,discplined and ever ready to pounce on the forces of evil. Peter
JoBuj
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JoBuj »

Yes art for a beautiful language. I will do that- Peter to the rescue.