Cantale

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
radar2870

Cantale

Post by radar2870 »

Looking for any and all information on Sebastiano Cantale immigrated in 1903 from Tortorici, Sicily. He arrived in New York on the S. S. Washington, Aug 6, 1903, from Napoli. He went to Ohio from New York. His wife Rosalia Amadore and 2 children Antonio Cantale and Sebastiana Cantale, followed on May 18, 1904 on the S. S. Citta di Napoli or Gitta di Napoli. They also went to Ohio after arriving in New York. I would love to find birth records, marriage records or anything else prior to their immagration. Antonio was my grandfather and at arrival he was 6yrs old he said he remembered how many steps there were in front of the church. Tortorici is a very small village and I am sure the church still stands. I would love to have a picture. I went to the web site for the tourisim of Tortorici and it is in Italian. Also, I would like to get in contact with any english speaking individual that lives in Tortorici as I understand there are still Cantale's living there. Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Cantale

Post by PeterTimber »

If the Cantale inhabitants of Tortorici are related ( and most probably they are) to your family you may wish to consider writing to them, intially, with a form letter to a possible relative

This is accomplished by going to www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm n for such a form letter. Include a return addressed envelope to encourage a reply. =Peter=
~Peter~
radar2870

Post by radar2870 »

Thank you Peter I will give it a try.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

the website is now available. =peter=
~Peter~