Could someone please translate?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Piccioli
Rookie
Rookie

Could someone please translate?

Post by Piccioli »

Could someone please
translate this e-mail
for me.
ho visto solo oggi la tua e-mail, sono stato un po di giorni fuori, nel nord Italia a sciare. Sono giorni di malinconia per te, mi dispiace tanto, e ti sono con il cuore tanto vicino. Con la morte di Edward se ne va un altro pezzo della famiglia Piccioli.
I prossimi giorni ti spediro un CD con la festa della Madonna che si fa a Serravalle tutti gli anni il 24 settembre. Oggi ha nevicato ed e proprio un bel paesaggio.
Ti saluto caramente e ti abbraccio con il cuore, un abbraccio ai tuoi figli e a tutti i tuoi nipoti.
Thank you so much,
Anna Maria Piccioli Leader
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Could someone please translate?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Piccioli wrote:Could someone please translate this e-mail for me.
Have you tried running this through an online translator such as Google's?

I did, and with a little reading between the lines, I feel the gist of the text is fairly clear.
Piccioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Piccioli »

Yes, I did run this through several online translators and I did get the gist of the message. Unfortunately I did not feel like I got the full meaning of the translation. If anyone could help I would certainly appreciate it very much. Thank you.
Anna Maria
Lady Leader
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

I hope this helps,

elba

ho visto solo oggi la tua e-mail, sono stato un po di giorni fuori, nel nord Italia a sciare. Sono giorni di malinconia per te, mi dispiace tanto, e ti sono con il cuore tanto vicino. Con la morte di Edward se ne va un altro pezzo della famiglia Piccioli.
I prossimi giorni ti spediro un CD con la festa della Madonna che si fa a Serravalle tutti gli anni il 24 settembre. Oggi ha nevicato ed e proprio un bel paesaggio.
Ti saluto caramente e ti abbraccio con il cuore, un abbraccio ai tuoi figli e a tutti i tuoi nipoti.

Translation:
I only saw your e-mail today, I've been away skiing in northern Italy for a few days. These are sad days for you, I'm so sorry, and I am very close to you in my heart. With the death of Edward goes another piece of the Piccioli family.

In the next few days I will send you a CD with the festival of the Madonna that is held in Seravalle every year on the 24th September. It snowed here today and it is truly beautiful scenery.

My best wishes and I embrace you with all my heart, a hug for your chiuldren and grandchildren.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Piccioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Piccioli »

elba,
Thank you so much for the translation. I appreciate it so much. Finding my family in Italy has been a dream come true. The language barrier has been a problem, but I can always count on someone from this site to come to my rescue and translate for me. Your kindness will never be forgotten.
Anna Maria
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

While an online translation may give you a rough idea of what the message may be, it lacks the personal touch and heartfelt thought of an actual translation such as that provided by Elba.
Which is why we offer that service here at IG and there are numerous volunteers who do so out of the goodness of their hearts!
Kudos to our wonderful volunteer translators!! :D
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
WalterZeni

Post by WalterZeni »

wldspirit,
How would I contact "Elba" to request translation and cost of what I believe is the Italian birth information of my Grandmother, Petronilia Monte (Zeni)?

Thank you for your assistance. Walter Zeni, (USA)
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

WalterZeni wrote:wldspirit,
How would I contact "Elba" to request translation and cost of what I believe is the Italian birth information of my Grandmother, Petronilia Monte (Zeni)?

Thank you for your assistance. Walter Zeni, (USA)
Just send me a Private Message here on Italian Genealogy (click on the "PM Button" at the bottom of this post....) and I'll see if I can help..
elba
WalterZeni

Post by WalterZeni »

Dear Elba, I located the Birth Information of my Grandmother, Petronilia Monti - birth date, January 1, 1866, at the following site:

Como e Lecco, Lombardia, Italia: Registri di stato civile, 1966-1937 - AncestryLibrary.com

The information begins at the bottom of the page as Item No 162 and continues on the the next page. Thank you for any assistance in translating this document.

Walter Zeni

Please Note: My grandfather, Lorenzo Zeni, who married Petronilia on February 12, 1885, also indicated that he was born in Como, Italy on March 3, 1858, However I have been unable to verify that information.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

WalterZeni wrote:Dear Elba, I located the Birth Information of my Grandmother, Petronilia Monti - birth date, January 1, 1866, at the following site:

Como e Lecco, Lombardia, Italia: Registri di stato civile, 1966-1937 - AncestryLibrary.com

The information begins at the bottom of the page as Item No 162 and continues on the the next page. Thank you for any assistance in translating this document.

Walter Zeni

Please Note: My grandfather, Lorenzo Zeni, who married Petronilia on February 12, 1885, also indicated that he was born in Como, Italy on March 3, 1858, However I have been unable to verify that information.
Walter,
I've found the file - I'll do what I can.

Your grandfather was born (1858) before these Como records began in 1866...
WalterZeni

Post by WalterZeni »

Elba, Thank you so much for working on this translation and looking up the source. Is it possible that there would not be a way to look up birth records for Lorenzo Zeni, his parents or Petronila's parents since they, of course, would have been born prior to 1866?

Thank you once again.

Walter Zeni
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

It might be possible that the Comune in Como has records going back prior to 1866 and that they just haven't been transcribed yet. I really don't know.
But I will try and find out sometime this week.

If they are held in the Comune that's not too bad, but if not, then that would involve dealing with the local church - the question is 'which one'? But I'm really not a researcher - I'm a translator, but I will try and help if I can, though I know there are others on this board who are far more qualified to advise you on that question...
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

elba wrote:
WalterZeni wrote:Dear Elba, I located the Birth Information of my Grandmother, Petronilia Monti - birth date, January 1, 1866, at the following site:

Walter Zeni

Walter,
I've found the file - I'll do what I can.

Your grandfather was born (1858) before these Como records began in 1866...
Walter, Try as I might I just can't get this file copied in a way that I can read it... I guess my eyesight could be better, but I cannot do it.

I am certain that there are others here who will be able to read it for you and for that reason I've copied the relevant page onto Image Shack.

This is the link: >Petronilia Monti - Birth<

Please accept my most sincere apologies for being unable to help you on this occasion...
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Elba, I've sent you a PM
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Walter,

Livio has kindly read the document for me and transcribed it. I will now translate it for you and send it on a Personal Message for you. I'm sorry for the delay.

elba