Senerchia, Rainones from Panni - emmigrated to Rhode Island

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Senerchia, Rainones from Panni - emmigrated to Rhode Island

Post by PepinoMattioli »

Hello everyone. My grandfather recently passed away and I am trying to find some family history. His Parents emmigrated to Providence from Panni. His name was Generoso Senerchia. His parents were Vincenzo Senerchia and Maria ( Grasso ) Rainone. His father, Vincenzo, had 9 brothers and sisters that stayed and lived in Providence. And I dont know too much about the Rainones except that my mother and aunt used to visit them every year in R.I. while they were growing up. Anyone who is a Senerchia or Rainone, or might have anything to help me with finding out some family history Id love to talk to you.

I found a bunch of immigration records and such I am just hoping to actually find some family member or info.
DianeDeS

Post by DianeDeS »

Pepino, my grandparents both came from Panni. My grandfather's brother Antonio DeSantis married Raffaela Senerchia. I also have a Rainone aunt still living in Foggia/Panni. My grandparents came to Newport, Rhode Island. Where are your relatives?
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

I could be wrong on this.....My Grandfathers, father...Vincenzo had a younger sister named Rapheala....she was one of the younger siblings if not the youngest. I have most of these siblings names, but Im not sure of who they married or much of anythign else. She would have been my grandfathers aunt, but not much older then him, and my great aunt. Did you know if she had a big family, and possibly any of her brothers and sisters name. If so maybe we can find a link, because I do have all of their names.

On a side note, my great grandfather Vincenzo also remarried after his first wife ( Maria Rainone ) passed away. Her name is also Rapheala and shes still alive, I think she is 101 years old.

Also as I look in some of the files I find, most of the Senerchias did go to Newport. I did find an address, but i dont have the info in front of me right now. And supposedly they still live in Newport, although I am not sure who they are.

If youd like to email me its dirtyjerztek@aol.com and my aim is dirtyjerztek
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Senerchia, Rainones from Panni - emmigrated to Rhode Isl

Post by PepinoMattioli »

Figured id bump this in case anyone new came to the board.

bumpppppp
jdipardo

Post by jdipardo »

Thought Id pass this link on to you.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~rigenweb/cemet ... ry327.html

This page contains the death dates and burial locations of 30 members of the Senerchia family in Rhode Island. Its a good resource to locate the individuals you are looking for. In most cases you can contact the associated cemetery and request further information. Also with the death dates you can contact the appropriate town clerks also to request vital information on the deceased.

Use this link,

http://www.rootsweb.com/~rigenweb/cemetery/search.html

to get to the main search engine for Rhode Island cemeteries. Just type in the surname you are searching.

Good luck
John
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

Thanx Ill check this out and see if theres anythign I can come up with.
JanetPK

Post by JanetPK »

Well I was shocked to see someone looking for Senerchia's that is my mothers maiden name and she is also from Rhode Island I think Providence her dad's name was Antonio Senerchia she always said that he came from Foggia Italy, and I don't think Senerchia is that common of a name all my mother's family resides in Rhode Island she is the only one who moved away when her and my dad decided to come to California in fact she is there now she goes every summer from June to Sept, I know for a fact my grandfather died in April of 1965, if we could be related you have a ton of cousins in Rhode Island the only thing is I don't recall my mom ever talking about wheather her dad had brothers or sisters and I haven't really asked her that much on her side cause I have tried aimlessely to find my dads relatives with no luck at all and not pursued the Senerchia's side of the family since I have had no luck with my dads side. By the way her sibblings are Marcus which passed away Feb 2004, my Aunts Mary, Gloria, Jeanne, mother Evelyn and Uncle Lou maybe that might ring a bell if it does I would be happy to know I found other relatives on my moms side it would be a thrill!!!!!!!!! JanetPk
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

sorry it took me a bit to respond. i havent been here much lately. do you have any senerchia relatives that live in canada. i know my grandfathers father remarried and had i beleive 2 more siblings. i think antonio and mary were there names. i have to ask my mother. i know that some of them moved to canada and the rest of my grandfathers family still lived in r.i. but i dont know them. ring a bell?
nick121

Post by nick121 »

My name is procaccini from providence, ri and i have both senerchia and rainone in my family history. my great grandfather married rosaria senerchia in panni, foggia. they had 4 children saverio (my grandfather), alfonso (went to brooklyn), pasqualina (went to RI), concetta (I believe stayed in panni) and Raffaela (also stayed in panni i think). Rafella married michaelangelo rainone and they had 2 children antonio and guiseppe (both went to RI). Raffela died and michaelangelo remarried concetta bruno and they had 3 children luigi, pasquale and raffaela. any connection here?
Nick
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

janetpk and Dianedes...i recently spoke to a woman named cathy. she sent me some pictures and rafeala Senerchia who married antonio desantis was my great aunt. my great grandfathers sister.

im not sure if you guys know this cathy, i dont want to post any of her private info, but you guys might also know her and might have pointed her into writing me.

if you dont know her, the 3 of you are prolly related.
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

janet pk im sorry i thought you put antonio desantis. i didnt realize you put antonio senerchia

DianeDes heres a quick connection for you.

My grandfather was Generoso Senerchia. His father was Vincenzo Senerchia. I am pretty sure that Vincenzo had 9 brothers and sisters, but the only one my mom and aunt remember are Costanzo who also lived in Brooklyn.

Through Cathy, I found that Antonio DeSantis married Rafealla Senerchia which was VIncenzo and Costanzos sister. My mother remembers 2 of Antonio and Rafeallas kids ( her cousins ) Geno ( who came to my parents wedding ) and the Gizzis.

I have more info, but this is it for now in the sake of keeping in short to see if theres a connection .
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

PepinoMattioli wrote:janet pk im sorry i thought you put antonio desantis. i didnt realize you put antonio senerchia

DianeDes heres a quick connection for you.

My grandfather was Generoso Senerchia. His father was Vincenzo Senerchia. I am pretty sure that Vincenzo had 9 brothers and sisters, but the only one my mom and aunt remember are Costanzo who also lived in Brooklyn.

Through Cathy, I found that Antonio DeSantis married Rafealla Senerchia which was VIncenzo and Costanzos sister. My mother remembers 2 of Antonio and Rafeallas kids ( her cousins ) Geno ( who came to my parents wedding ) and the Gizzis.

I have more info, but this is it for now in the sake of keeping in short to see if theres a connection .
pepino:

my greatgrandmother was named maria gizzi who was married to antonio pacelli. they had five children - michael, rosa, teresa, carmella and virginia. on the ellis island manifest she was listed as coming from dragoni in the caserta province. my sister believes her father may have been named vicenzo. i noticed that you identified you had relatives named gizzi. do either of these names and/or locations sound familiar?
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

The only thing i know of the Gizzis in my family is that one of them married into the Desantis side of my family ( a Desantis married my great grandfathers sister ) and that Gizzis of rhode island were my mothers cousins. I am just in the process of finding out stuff now, but i doubt i will find out more then the ones who were direct cousins of mine and my mothers in rhode island. Sorry i couldnt help more.

Im pretty positive there are alot of Gizzis in R.I. still, and possibly in records, but I cant offer where they came from or anything more
nick121

Post by nick121 »

My name is Procaccini and I am from Prov. Ri. My great gradnfather Antonio married Rosaria Senerchia in Panni. Rosaria had a number of siblings including Generoso, and Emanuele. Generoso was the father of vincenzo, Raffaela, Costanzo, and a number of others that i have on file. costanzo and vincent were barbers in Newport RI and later moved to Brooklyn where they married and worked as barbers. Raffaela married antonio desantis and stayed in Newport RI. I have a ton of data that i would enjoy sharing with relatives. please contract me initially via my email ncproc@aol.com to confirm a relationship. incidentially emanuele settled in NJ and his son Raffaele's son Emanuel was a pro ballplayer with pitts pirates.
Nick
ktbc

Post by ktbc »

Not sure if there is a relationship. I have just begun my search. My great grandfaher was Carmine Procaccini. Born in Panni, Italy, 1881. He married Maria Briscia, also born in Panni. They later immigrated to British Colimbia, Canada.