death record, residence unreadable

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

death record, residence unreadable

Post by ChrisMosca »

I need help in deciphering the residence of Pacifico Mosca and Marianna Cecanti, this is the death certificate for Salvatore their son, it looks like the residence for his Parents say a two words place Starting with an S and M? any help is appreciated I've been going crazy to find a place that may match.
Thank you.
[img][IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/ ... 20d10d.jpg[/img][/img]
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: death record, residence unreadable

Post by PeterTimber »

where is this M & S located on the document? =Peter=
~Peter~
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

if you look at the domiciliata for both pacifico and Marianna, the second time you can see it better it looks to me something like Suanino Moreti? on the fifth and sixth line from the bottom.
thank you!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Chris its beyond my ken....but if you have a few letters made out along the words then we can play sherlock holmes. =Peter=
~Peter~
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

well the last letter on the second word looks like an i because of the dot unless its a (;) and there's defenetly a T in the second word
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

one close comune from Macerata is Severino Marche , but i'm sure its a t in there.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

one close comune from Macerata is Severino Marche , but i'm sure its a t in there.
To my eye, there is no "t" in the second word. Note the words "trenta" and "quaranta" that appears earlier in the document. In each case, the "t" is crossed with a back-and-forth stroke. Throughout the document there are several other instances of this back-and-forth stroke where a "t" is crossed with the final stroke of a word. Now look at the word quarantacinque near the end of the document. Note the back stroke that the letter "e" ends with --- no back-and-forth stroke. That looks very similar to the ending stroke of the second word of the comune's name. I think the name of the comune might very well be Severino Marche.
John Armellino
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

does the absence of "San" before Severino marche make a difference? =Peter=
~Peter~
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

I don't know, I did think of that unless they were abbreviating. I've sent an email and see if I get a responce from that comune. thanks peter!!!!!!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dedar Chris as an aide to your search there is a website at www.prontoimprese.com that will list all similar named comunes of Italy under the alphabet so that you can compare names of comunes. =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

PeterTimber wrote:Dedar Chris as an aide to your search there is a website at www.prontoimprese.com that will list all similar named comunes of Italy under the alphabet so that you can compare names of comunes. =Peter=
You might want to check that link, Peter.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Chris, did you figure out what the domicile is? Here's a site

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/ You can click on each region and once there, there's a place to look at a list of all towns in that particular province.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I checked into the prontoimprese above. Instead of .com -- it's .it

Looks like a good source for town searches if someone thinks they have the first letter for sure.

I went through a couple of the region links on the en.communi-italiani.it site and it isn't really all that cumbersome to look at with a little patience. I was basically looking for a word that even looked that long in case it didn't start with an S and didn't have the ti ending. But I did not go through them all. Just fishing.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sorry for the typo on the www.prontoimprese.it website (from time to time I suffer a cosmic moment!) but the website does double duty in that you can trace for a town by its first initial and then trace it thru the regions listed below the alphabet by name recognition and/or first letter. =Peter=
~Peter~
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

I haven't found a comune yet that may match it, but thanks for the links I will start looking and see what I can find, thanks again.