Surname help Giambarresi/Giambusso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Surname help Giambarresi/Giambusso

Post by jennci »

My Giambarresi family came from Riesi and while researching I have found Giambusso and was wondering if it's the same family. Where can I find surnames in Riesi? I was originally thinking it was a simple mis-spelling but it also appears on naturalization and draft registrations.

Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname help Giambarresi/Giambusso

Post by PeterTimber »

try the telephone directory for Riesi at www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname (one at a time please..and yes they do!) inthe first line and Riesi in the second line and click CERCA for all lsiting by full name,address and telephone numbers. Also helpful might be the name distribution website at www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi for all of Italy. Just put inthe surname inthe upper left. =Peter=
~Peter~
jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jennci »

Thanks for your help. I guess the main reason for my confusion is that so many Giambarresi mention a realative(brother, father etc.) named "Calogero" and the only one I find is Calogero Giambusso. BUT he does go to the same address in Boston as all the Giambarresi ???
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

In Riesi there are both Gaimbarresi and Giambusso. Keep also in mind that Calogor is typical Sicilian