Pellegrino from Messina Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fangll02

Pellegrino from Messina Sicily

Post by fangll02 »

Searching for ancestors of Anna Pellegrino married Guiseppe Ciatto. Believe she came to the U.S. around 1902 to meet up with her husband who was already here. She came with her daughter Mary/Maria who was born in Italy. Her other children, Salvatore, Anthony (Raymond), Theresa, and Lilla (Lilly) were born in the U.S. If anyone should any information on this family, I would truly appreciate it. Trying to do a family tree and can't get past my GGrandparents.

Thank you,

Patricia McCoy
Ptrcmcc6@aol.com
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Pellegrino from Messina Sicily

Post by suanj »

fangll02 wrote:Searching for ancestors of Anna Pellegrino married Guiseppe Ciatto. Believe she came to the U.S. around 1902 to meet up with her husband who was already here. She came with her daughter Mary/Maria who was born in Italy. Her other children, Salvatore, Anthony (Raymond), Theresa, and Lilla (Lilly) were born in the U.S. If anyone should any information on this family, I would truly appreciate it. Trying to do a family tree and can't get past my GGrandparents.

Thank you,

Patricia McCoy
Ptrcmcc6@aol.com
Hi: Anna Pellegrino and Maria Ciatto ship's manifest, coming from Messina(Sicily): http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2782130362
regards, suanj
fangll02

Post by fangll02 »

I have that....was looking for maybe relatives in Sicily and how I would contact them. Thank you for your reply.

Patty
Annt

Post by Annt »

How interesting. My grandmother's maiden name was Anna Pellegrino. She was born in Dattalo and later lived in Paceco Silicy. She married Paolo Ruggirello and came to American via Ellis Island around 1907 or so. I still have relatives in Sicily that I have never met but hope to one day.

Also a coincidence, my grandmother came alone, after her husband, and she took had her daughter with her as well.

AnnT
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

fangll02 wrote:I have that....was looking for maybe relatives in Sicily and how I would contact them. Thank you for your reply.

Patty
Ciatto persons living in Messina:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... na&x=0&y=0

Pellegrino :
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... na&x=0&y=0

regards, suanj
APelleg

Post by APelleg »

I too am researching PELLEGRINO from Messina. My husband's family is from San Felipo del Messina. The information that I have is located at http://members.aol.com/APelleg235.

My husband's PELLEGRINO family came to America in the early 1930's. His grandfather Argentino PELLEGRINO (born in Argentina) was from Messina and immigrated to America to study art in New York City with his uncle.

I have limited information on the family in Italy and the information that I have is based on the memory of Argentino before he passed away in 1990.

Adrienne Pellegrino
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

fangll02 wrote:Searching for ancestors of Anna Pellegrino married Guiseppe Ciatto. Believe she came to the U.S. around 1902 to meet up with her husband who was already here. She came with her daughter Mary/Maria who was born in Italy. Her other children, Salvatore, Anthony (Raymond), Theresa, and Lilla (Lilly) were born in the U.S. If anyone should any information on this family, I would truly appreciate it. Trying to do a family tree and can't get past my GGrandparents.

Thank you,

Patricia McCoy
Ptrcmcc6@aol.com
Go to www.familysearch.com
There are 235 microfilms of the civil records of Messina...and they cover from 1820-1910. In addition, there are census records that cover the period of 1714-1815. There is more then enough info here to make your family tree...and get past your great great grandparents.

There are 2890 enteries for the name Pellegrino at Ellis Island Given they arrived in the period of 1892-1924, and with minimal of 4 generations, there are probably 25,000 who descend from those surnames in the US today. The chance of contacting someone who is related will be small...your best bet is to get to the library branch closest to you and determine which branch of the family you hail from. Then you can search out other descendents of the same family branch.

The records are in Italian but with perseverence and patience and a translation dictionary, you will find the information you seek.

Maybe someone with the same family will get in contact with you. In the meantime, you have the ability to become the world authority on Pellegrino's from Messina!!!!!!!!

Good Luck