certificate of italian citizenship

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

certificate of italian citizenship

Post by belmoro19 »

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get a certificate of italian citizenship for my grandfather.I have tried to write to the comune in which i recieved his birth certificate but they keep sending me his birth certificate with an annotation that says there is no remark of losing italian citizenship.Can I use this for the consolate or do i need the actual certificate and what office would I get that from.
The town i need it from is Santa teresa di Riva in Messina.I was told the anagrafe but I cannot find a address for it.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: certificate of italian citizenship

Post by johnnyonthespot »

belmoro19 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get a certificate of italian citizenship for my grandfather.I have tried to write to the comune in which i recieved his birth certificate but they keep sending me his birth certificate with an annotation that says there is no remark of losing italian citizenship.Can I use this for the consolate or do i need the actual certificate and what office would I get that from.
The town i need it from is Santa teresa di Riva in Messina.I was told the anagrafe but I cannot find a address for it.
Which consulate? The only one which seems to routinely want a certificato di cittadinanza is Miami.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Santa teresa di Riva and click Cerca. When the printed name of the town comes up click on the name and a webpage for the town will then come up and this time scroll down to th where it says "Municipio" and that is the address for the Anagrafe and Stato Civile for the town.

I am unable to assist you with the mechnaics of documents about Italian citizenship but I do know that they must be filed out by the Munciipal offices in "plurilingue" form. =Peter=
~Peter~
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by belmoro19 »

thank you for the help i will try it
anac

Post by anac »

Dettaglio Comune

Comune di SANTA TERESA DI RIVA

Provincia di MESSINA

Indirizzo : PIAZZA V RGT. AOSTA

C.A.P. : 98028

Telefono : 0942 - 786111

Fax : 0942 - 792070

STATO CIVILE: MARIA PALATO
UFFICIALE ANAGRAFE E/O STATO CIVILE: GIUSEPPE SPADARO
Telefono : 0942- 7861203
Fax : 0942-792070
E-mail : anag.steresadiriva@tiscali.it
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

belmoro19 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get a certificate of italian citizenship for my grandfather.I have tried to write to the comune in which i recieved his birth certificate but they keep sending me his birth certificate with an annotation that says there is no remark of losing italian citizenship.Can I use this for the consolate or do i need the actual certificate and what office would I get that from.
the certificate of italian citizenship it obtained ONLY from italian citizen living and resident in Italy;it is no a necessary certificate for a request of italian citizenship by a descendent of italians emigrated in foreign country..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by belmoro19 »

Thanks again.I sent out another letter today.
Suanj, i will be applying at the miami consulate and they are requiring it.Will I be able to get this certificate?
federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Post by federici1999 »

I also needed the document for Miami. It is not really a certificate but more of a letter on Official letterhead stating that my grandfather was born in the comune on (giving his date of birth ) to (naming his parents )and was a Italian Citizen. They also had a footnote stating he became a US citizen 1n 1948.
Hope this helps explain it.
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

belmoro19 wrote:Thanks again.I sent out another letter today.
Suanj, i will be applying at the miami consulate and they are requiring it.Will I be able to get this certificate?
the certificato di cittadinanza italiana:
-relayed only to italians living and resident in Italy

I believe that you wish the certificato cittadinanza storica , abt variation or no variation of italian citizenship ....
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
AnthonyCo

Post by AnthonyCo »

Hi my name is Anthony Corradin and I am from Sydney, Australia.
I am trying to get my dual Italian citizenship and one of the documents that the Italian consulate needs is a "document proving possession of Italian citizenship of Ancestor who passes on citizenship: issued by Italian Municipality or other Italian body".
My father's father's name is Carlo Michael Corradin, born around 1924/25 in Lusiana, Vicenza, Italy.
The consolate said that he should have been given this form, but I am not in contact with my father's side, and my poppa passed away 5 years ago. So I was wondering how to obtain this document.
I thought that a birth certificate or marriage certificate showing place of birth would have been enough, but the consolate said it wasn't.
Does anyone know which Italian body I could ask?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

He must have been issued a passport before leaving Italy and that is normally issued by the provincial Police "QUESTURA" but their records are not made public. I would recommend,therefore that youwrite to the Census department Ufficio Anagrafe in lusiana (www.nonsolocap.it and put in town name,clickcerca and when CAP code, town name,province and region comes up click on Lusiana and a webpage for the town will emerge. Scroll down to Municipio for the address. Its all free of charge and simply ask for a record of his departures/absences from the census rolls and request inofrmation about passport issuance and whether you can obtain copy of passport issuance from the Questura in Lusiana and see what they say. http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

If you have access ask the Consulate if a record from the Anagrafe office will suffice to establish his italian citizenship..He may say yes. Remember C onsular people are people and siometuimes they suffer from constipation so yesterdays NO is todays YES. =Peter=
~Peter~
AnthonyCo

Post by AnthonyCo »

Hahahha, thanks alot peter for ur quick reply and quick humour!
Ill look into what u just wrote and ill let u know how i go.
Regards
Anthony
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

AnthonyCo wrote: I thought that a birth certificate or marriage certificate showing place of birth would have been enough, but the consolate said it wasn't.
Being born in a specific town or country does not imply possession of that country citizenship...

You may write to the Ufficio di stato civile in Lusiana and ask for a "certificato di cittadinanza storica".
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Anthony I did some research and found that most Italian Embassies and Consulates do not require Italian Citizenship Certificates (Certificato di Cittadinanza Italiana) so my suspicions are confirmed that your Consular officer deserves his discomfort. =Peter=
~Peter~
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jwazevedo »

Have you asked the consulate for the Italian language version of what they want? Then you could use those exact words in your communication with the comune. The Italian Consulate in Vancouver asked me to provide: “Certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italianaâ€