Need help on Italian spelling of surname Broncucia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cltaszek

Need help on Italian spelling of surname Broncucia

Post by cltaszek »

Hello, I have been unable to find Broncucia in any of the Italian sites...is there a different way of spelling the name so I can research this family. I can find them in the United States but not in Italy.... On My Great Great Grandmother's headstone it is spelled Broncuccio. She was born 1830 died 1942 almost 112 years old.....
Any help would be appreciated.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need help on Italian spelling of surname Broncucia

Post by suanj »

maybe is BRANCACCIO surname... you can say us more details?
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cltaszek

Post by cltaszek »

Thank you I will try reseaching that spelling. The only other info I have so far is that my Great Grandparents came from Potenza, Italy. His name was Joseph (Giuseppe) Broncucia born around 1865 and her name was Josephine Petrillo born around 1880 died 1961. I am planning on going to the cemetery that they are buried at in the next couple of days and see what their headstone says.

Thank you -- I really appreciate all and any help!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The surname can be BRANCUCCIO which is rare and there is only one reference to that spelling in Messina Sicily. The name shows up in the www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put in that spelling and only one town in sicily (Messina province) has that surname listed.

The closeness of the spelling of the name leads me to believe that this may be the proper spelling of the surname but I will check further for you. =Peter=
~Peter~
cltaszek

Post by cltaszek »

Thank you...thank you! In case you all have not been told....lately....... this site/forum is the BEST and so are its people!

I can not express how very helpful you all are...it makes doing research a pleasure...just when you think you hit a brick wall there you all are with the hammers to knock it down!

Thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

cltaszek wrote:Thank you I will try reseaching that spelling. The only other info I have so far is that my Great Grandparents came from Potenza, Italy. His name was Joseph (Giuseppe) Broncucia born around 1865 and her name was Josephine Petrillo born around 1880 died 1961. I am planning on going to the cemetery that they are buried at in the next couple of days and see what their headstone says.

Thank you -- I really appreciate all and any help!
because your ancestors coming from Potenza area, the similar surnames existing are Brancaccio and Brancucci... best regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Can you tell me what state your great grandparents lived and or are buried in? Do you have other information on your family? Names, etc.

The only record I have been able to find is from Denver CO so far. Please let me know.

Thanks,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

One further point.. There are 3 Brancuccio listed in the Ellisisland.org website and 4 other alternate spellings of Brancuccio listed for that surname. In additon the www.familysearch.org website under ancestor search has 16 listings for Brancuccio, the majority of which seem to originate in Sicily. =Peter=
~Peter~
cltaszek

Post by cltaszek »

This is the info I have so far on my family....Angelina Broncuccio(Broncucia) born 1830 Potenza, a village near Naples, came to the States around 1891. Her husband died around 1886, 5 years before she came to the States. She had 9 children, in 1935-36 only 3 were living...Anna (Broncucia) Lorenzo, Michael Broncucia and Joseph Broncucia (my great grandfather). Angelina died in 1942. These 3 children were living in Colorado.

Joseph married Josephine Petrillo and they had 12 children...I have info on all of them.

This family lived and had a farm in Welby/Adams Colorado. Angelina is buried at Mount Olivet Cemetery and I have found her grave.
Joseph and Josephine are buried at Fairmount Cemetery along with their first born child....I am planning on going there to take pictures of their headstones.

The problem I am having is I can't seem to find any information on Broncucia in Itlay...that is why I asked if there was a different spelling.
I would like to find something more about Angelina, her husband and their children....

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I found this manifest for a Pasquale Brancuccio going from Potenza to Denver. Could this possibly be a relative?

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0019

p2

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0019
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You intially requested information on the surname Brancuccio and that seems to be the actual spelling for the purpose of finding out about your family in Potenza Italy which is the place of origin from what I understand and to do this you may wish to write for documents and or letters to potential relatives in the town of origin. the service is free of charges in Italy

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Furthermore youmay also wish tofamiiarize yourself with doing your own research by familiarizing yourself with geenalogy research in Italy. Go to
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
cltaszek

Post by cltaszek »

Thank you all for your information and help...I really appreciate it.
gina kerven

Post by gina kerven »

Hi , I have read all of these notes on the Broncucia family. Has anyone found any more information on this for the family name in Italy. gina
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Did you forget the actual spelling of the surname? Branccuccio! What actual research have you done at this point so we don't repeat.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa