Reitano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tomil42
Rookie
Rookie

Reitano

Post by Tomil42 »

Looking for anyone with connections to REITANOs from Lipari in Oswego, NY or Cortland, NY.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Reitano

Post by PeterTimber »

Can we asasist you further since there is no immediate way to determine if any current Reitano listed in the www.numberway.com telephone directory have Lipari Island (Messina province, Sicily) as their place of origin. Those who arrived as immigrants since 1892 canbe viewed at the www.ellisisland.org website. Perhaps we can assit you further? =Peter=
~Peter~
Tomil42
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tomil42 »

Just hoping to find some Reitano with ties to Cortland, NY who might untangle my Reitano web. I have lots of names, some mentioned in a notebook owned by my grandmother, but have no way of knowing how they might be cousins - what is the link to my family...
Going to Lipari for a few days in March, so I may find some clues!
Thanks for the offer of assistance.
Tomi
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Not to overlook the obvious...go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Lipari and click and bring up Lipari by zip code name,province and region. Click directly upon the Lipari name and an adminstrative page will come up and the Municipio address where the civil registration records BMD's are located can be found by scrolling down to that address. There is a tourist url www to the right. For e-mail to their office use statocivile@comunelipari.it

Further ther military records office is in Messina where you will be headed and their address is Archivio di Stato di Messina, Uffico Militare, Via 24 Maggio 291 #18, 98122, Messina. If you plan on requesting documents you might want to write to them and ask for military records so that they might have waiting for you and do the same for the BMD on Lipari.

You might find this website helpful www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html

Have a great trip! =Peter=
~Peter~