Valle dell'Angelo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jessicaitalia

Re: Salerno

Post by jessicaitalia »

Hello-- I am new to this list.

I have written two times to the Ufficio di Stato Civile (Anagrafe) in the Comune di Salerno in the Province of Salerno, in order to request my grandfather's and grandmother's birth certificates. I have waited 7 months and I wrote another letter, and I still have no reply from them.

I know my family was born in Comune di Salerno. Their last name is VERNIERI.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.
hbgillcash

Re: Valle dell'Angelo

Post by hbgillcash »

I am a descendant of the Sansone family of Acerno. My great grandfather came to the State in the 1890s. His father's name was Ambrogio Sansone.

If you are interested in more information, please contact me at hbgillcash@hotmail.com. I am extremely interested in learning more about the Acerno and the Sansones.

Thank you

Holly
sebauru

Post by sebauru »

Hello everyone

I am descendent of the Coccaro family from Valle dell'Angelo.

My mother's great grandfather name was Francesco Coccaro. He was born in 1843 and then he moved to Uruguay, where I am from.

Does anyone have information about that family, at that time? If yes please contactme. I am really interested in learning about it. My email is sebaramo@gmail.com

Thank you.
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

How sure are you that Francesco is born in 1843?

There is a Francesco Antonio Coccaro born in Valle dell'Angelo on April 6th, 1843. He is the Son of Angelo and Teresa Di Perna. See his birth record below.

In 1843 Valle dell'Angelo was called Piaggine Sottane!

Coccaro is a common surname in Valle dell'Angelo. In that time every year a Francesco Coccaro was born.

Do you have more information about Francesco?
sebauru

Post by sebauru »

Hello Edmondo!

Thank you so much for your help!

I am not sure about the year Francesco Coccaro was born. Actually, since I wroted the previeous post, I continuead investigating, and now I think he was born in 1842. Anyway, its an aproximated year.

The new information I have about him is that his parent's name were Angelo Coccaro and Maria Moscarda (or similar).

Could you please help me again?
Thank you very much in advance!

Sebastian
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Jessicaitalia what address did you use to send to the Uffico di Stato Civile for the Comune of the city of Salerno? Did you enclose a $5.00 bill in a self addressed envelope since the service is free but the clerks are poorkly paid and research at the end of their work day where they take care of walk-ins first.=Peter=
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Hi Sebastian,

Angelo Coccaro & Maria Stella Moscarella had 3 children:

Rosa Antonia Filomena, born 1842-01-17
Francesca, born 1845-01-08
Francesco Antonio, born 1846-11-04

Can this be the one?
RCoseglia

Post by RCoseglia »

Hello,
My family is also from Valle Dell Angelo. Most of us still live in New York, although some have moved on throughout the US. My brother has our genealogy back several generations....I have asked him to email the family history to me. I will check back when I receive it!
robytec

Post by robytec »

:lol: Ciao Edmondo come stai ??? Volevo chiederti come posso fare per contattare gli Andreiuolo che hanno scritto in questo post ??? Grazie mille ciao......
lalo1974

Post by lalo1974 »

my great grandfather born in 1835 in the valley dell angelo and came to Uruguay. He was FELICE GIOVANI ANDRIOLO
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Ok Suanj, teach me something here. Where did you get that list that you posted? I put in the town name in stevemorse.org and have a different list of names. Just want to learn more about research tools.
Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
BoatingLdy

Post by BoatingLdy »

My grandfather Angelo Rubano emigrated to NY from Valle dell'Angelo. He had a brother, but I am uncertain of his name.

Perhaps I can help if you are looking for his descendants...and you might be able to help me determine if our family still has relatives in Italy.

Trina
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 8 Rubano listed in valle Dell'Angelo at www.paginebianche.it

Put inRubano inthe first line and valle Dell' Angelo inthe second line and click CERCA for all 8 Rubano, full names and addresses and telephone numbers which may trigger off a memory of someone with a familiar first name. =Peter=
~Peter~
BoatingLdy

Post by BoatingLdy »

Peter: Thanks so much for your quick reply and information for searching for members of our family in Italy. No names looked familiar, but I will give my cousin a printout and see if any of the names are familiar to her.

My grandmother's maiden name was Tomasino, also from valle dell'angelo. Do you know if there is a way to search for a marriage record so I might be better able to determine who my great grandparents were and if they have descendants still in Italy?

Thank you again for your help!

Trina
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If your grandmothers maiden name is Tomasino then her father, your Ggreatgrandfather's surname is Tomasino. You can write to to Valle Dell'Angelo at the Uffico di Stato Civile with a form lettter in Italian requesting a copy of her long form birth record (estratto di nascita integrale which gives the most complete information provided you know her full name and date of birth or her year of birth or even an approximate year of birth . This will enable you to know her parents names in full.

Go to http://www.angelfire./com/ok3/pearlsofw ... tters.html for the form lettersin Italian and send them to the Valle Dell' Angelo MUNICIPIO which you can find by going to www.nonsolocap.it and type in Valle dell'Angelo and when it comes up click right on Valle dell' Angelo and a wesbite will appear which when you scroll down you will see the address under MUNICIPIO. To the right may be a www for toruist features of the town. =Peter=
~Peter~