Birth record needed help with deciphering wife's name.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Birth record needed help with deciphering wife's name.

Post by ChrisMosca »

Here is a Birth certificate for Salileo or Galileo Mosca I can't decipher the name of whom he married in the left side, how when ever they add stuff to birth certificates the hand writing is always really bad but the actual birth act is written so much better. I think her names is something like Testi or Testri Amialva? Testri being her last name. thanks for the help!!!!!!

Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
maribor

Re: Birth record needed help with deciphering wife's na

Post by maribor »

The surname seems to be: TESTA, but unfortunately I can't decipher the name.
Mosca's name is GALILEO.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

You can ask the municipality of Treja for the marriage of Galileo Mosca registered at nr. 35 of the year 1929 and you'll discover the bride's name... that must be really odd if the third letter is an "i" as the pin suggests! I think, however, that it's not a pin but a stain so the first name, for me, is Amalia and the surname is Testa.
My 2 cents

Luca
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I also see Amalia Testa and Galileo.
The comune is Treia. This is important because the ia in Treia is written exactly as the ia in Amalia
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

it does make sence for her name as Amalia Testa, the only reason at first I thought his name was salileo is because two years prior to this birth Luigi and Anna had a son also named Galileo and the G is more obvious . I am ordering eventually all the records from treia. Thanks everybody!!!!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

liviomoreno wrote:The comune is Treia.
Mi sono fatto fregare dal nome scritto a macchina alla quinta riga, dove si legge "Uffiziale dello Stato Civile del Comune di Treja..." senza pensare che, nel frattempo, il nome ufficiale è cambiato! Sorry :wink:

Luca
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

I did not know that the name has changed, so it used to be Treja? because going through the old microfilms i did notice that they say Treja and I thought it was their way of writing an i like a j. When did this change happen?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The current name is Treia, I could not find any evidence of a name change from Treja to Treia. I will continue to search...
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Wow!!! those are some really good links!!! thanks Lucap
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Lucap wrote: Mi sono fatto fregare dal nome scritto a macchina alla quinta riga, dove si legge "Uffiziale dello Stato Civile del Comune di Treja..."
Luca
:oops:
Grazie!