document request frequency to Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

document request frequency to Italy

Post by legnoduro »

Ciao a tutti,
I am requesting my grandparents' marriage certificate and my grandmother's
birth certificate from the same comune. I understand how these offices are often very busy processing requests and I don't want to appear rude by making both of these requests at the same time. Would I be better off requesting one document now and then mailing the second request after I have received a response from the first? What is your opinion or experience with this?

Thank you,
Joseph
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: document request frequency to Italy

Post by Biff83 »

Hello, Joseph

If you know your grandmother's birthdate, they should be able to locate her birth record fairly easily, and if she was married in the same comune where she was born, her birth record should contain a marriage record annotation which will facilitate locating the actual marriage document.

So, I'd suggest you ask for both records at the same time. When you get a response with the records, make sure you mail a thank you note to the person who sent you the documents.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Post by legnoduro »

Thank you Biff. The thank you note is a great idea.

Joseph
Benito512

Post by Benito512 »

I agree with Biff. I requested the birth certificates along with the marriage certificate and received them at the same time.

Buona fortuna!

Benito
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steverino3006 »

I am thinking of asking my cousins to obtain my grandparents birth and marriage certificates. What specifically should they be asking for; i.e. what format/certification, etc will be accepted/required for dual citizenship application?

will the copy of the marriage certificate I got from my dad suffice?