Translation of US birth & marriage certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mangia-mangia

Translation of US birth & marriage certificate

Post by mangia-mangia »

I need to translate a birth and marriage certificate for the Italian consulate. Anyone heard of this?

They are holding my husbands passport, until I turn these documents in.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Grazie, Anna
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Translation of US birth & marriage certificate

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Anna

You can contact either forum member ricbru or forum member elba for these translations. Send them a pm.

Hope this helps
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Shouldn't they be translated plurilingue? =Peter=
~Peter~
mangia-mangia

Post by mangia-mangia »

What is plurilingue? Sorry, I don't understand what that is.
Anna
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

It is a translation normally prepared by issuing office in Italy in Plurilingue (format unknown) format for persons interested in acquiring Italian citizenship which may be required by the Italian Consulate in the USA. =Peter=
~Peter~
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

Anna - Both forum members billiedekid mentioned are accredited by the Italian conlsulate and do this frequently. Their translations would be accepted by the government for citizenship if that is what you were seeking. My understanding is your husband's passport is being help up for such translations. I affirm billiedekid's recommendation for a speedy translation that should be accepted for your purpose. Elba and Riccardo are both in Italy so they should be on in a few hours. Good luck.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

mangia-mangia wrote:What is plurilingue? Sorry, I don't understand what that is.
Anna
plurilingue = multilingual

it is a document written in more than one language. For instance in Italian and in English. In this case you would not need a translation.
idmaclean
Rookie
Rookie

Post by idmaclean »

I plan on doing the translations myself for my jus sanguinis citizen app.

are there any good templates out there?

should I just use my italian ancestors birth certificate and marriage docs as guidelines?

thanks
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

mangia-mangia wrote:I need to translate a birth and marriage certificate for the Italian consulate. Anyone heard of this?

They are holding my husbands passport, until I turn these documents in.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Grazie, Anna
Are you talking about translating US documents into Italian? Naturally documents in Italian do not need to be translated for the Italian consulate.

I would check with the consulate as to how they can be translated and by whom. They may not just take your translation unless you have some sort of certification.
idmaclean
Rookie
Rookie

Post by idmaclean »

I have already checked with the consulate. the do not need to be from a pro or certified. only done "professionally", which is what I intend to do.

I will of course have my friend, a native italian speaker give them a quick once over...
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

idmaclean wrote:
I will of course have my friend, a native italian speaker give them a quick once over...
Good Idea, just to be safe. Good luck, I need to get started with this process, I have all my documents from Italy and the US and all three of my "No Record Found" forms including (finally) the USCIS letter. The only thing I am waiting on is me. I just haven't had the time to devote to this yet, just having bought a new house a few months ago.

Keep us posted!
mangia-mangia

Post by mangia-mangia »

Same here I have a birth certificate and marriage certificate that EVERY SINGLE word on the page needs to be translated on it fro English to Italian.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

The majority of consulates no longer require 'listed' translators to provide translations. As has been explained here, they do require them to be done professionally and many like them to be complete, right down to the small print, to enable easy comparison with the original.

Every state produces variations of each document, and even those variations vary over time, so templates are really just wishful thinking. A good copy can take quite some time to build, complete and be acceptable.

In addition there are some professional translation services on the net who are VERY expensive, and others who are 'down to earth' with their pricing. I know of one guy who was quoted $400 for three certificates and a 'seven line' letter. That is daylight robbery!
So - Caveat Emptor. Verify before you buy!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a professional service that works with Italian citizenship acquisition applicants. The website is www.icapbridging2worlds.com for prices and descriptionof services. Their telephonenumber is 888-604-1970. I believe they are in Chicago. I started to obtain citizenship but the actuary tables were not looking good for longevity. They did seem to be reasonable intheir charges. =Peter=
~Peter~
lbuon

Post by lbuon »

Hello, I am new to this site. I am looking to get my dual citizenship. I arrive in Italy on Monday where my mother is living and is a citizen. Would it be possible to apply for citizenship while there for the month or will it be a lost cause because it is Aug? Would it be possible to get my birth certificate translated and notarized while there? I'm not sure what the process is to get the ball rolling? also do I need to bring a police record to Italy stating I have no police record, where would I obtain
thank you for any help in advance,
Loredana