newbie researcher needs help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
emazza

newbie researcher needs help!

Post by emazza »

Hello All!

I am in the process of researching my family heritage in Italy and have come to a point where I just don't know what to do next.

I am specifically looking for the date of birth and names of children of the following ancestors:

1. Francesco Paolo Mazzaferro (b Feb 26, 1923, Manoppello) married to Anna Masciarelli
2. Paolino Mazzaferro (b Jan 11, 1950, Guardiagrele) married to Rita Galdini

3. Nicola Antonio Gabriele Mazzaferro (b Feb 17, 1938) married to Guiseppa Vitullo

I have tired writing to the State Archives of Chieti, but they only have records up to 1900.

I would be most greatful if someone could tell me what official agency in Italy I need to write to in order to obtain these records.

Thanks in advance, I have spent many hours on websites and I am pretty frustrated.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: newbie researcher needs help!

Post by wldspirit »

I am specifically looking for the date of birth and names of children of the following ancestors:
One of our Italian residents can correct me.....but if any of the "children" are now living I don't believe you can obtain their records of birth....
also, Italy has I believe a 75 year privacy law???

You could however try writing to the town of origin to those people who share your same surnames of interest.....

Address Locator

cognome = surname
dove = town
cerca = search

A potential relative letter can be located here:

Form Letter

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Mazzaferro Paolo
65010 Spoltore (PE) - Via Monte Secco, 31
* 085 4961842

Mazzaferro Francesco
66100 Chieti (CH) - Via Moro Aldo, 92
* 0871 560028
Mazzaferro Nicola
89047 Roccella Ionica (RC) - Via Pietro Papa, 1
* 0964 85690

Mazzaferro Nicola
10092 Beinasco (TO) - Via De Nicola Enrico, 8
011 3497317
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Ann.... :D

Could you clarify the privacy law??

I'd like to make sure the information is correct.....wouldn't want to mislead our posters!! :wink:
Lee

emazza

Post by emazza »

Lee and Ann,
Thank you so much for the reply.

I didn't know you couldn't get records for living people in Italy. Actually, I wasn't sure if these relatives are still alive since I had no way of getting records for them, but I'm very excited to know I having living relatives in Italy. I will take your advice and write to the addresses you have provided. I really appreciate it.

If I can bother you with one more 'hole' I have in another generation of my research; I am trying to find any records on Leondina Mazzaferro b 1902 Manoppello. I have not been able to get a reponse from the State Archives in Chieti. I would like to know when he died and if he had any children.

I have also no been able to find any information on Guiseppe and Elena Mazzaferro, both children of Francesco Paolo Mazzaferro (b 1872 Manoppello, d 1960) and Cecilia Cipressi (b 1877, d 1937), same generation as Leondina.

Since the State Archives did not send me any information regarding these ancestors, is there somewhere else I could write to? I read that the comune or parish church may be a siurce for birth records, but I'm having a problem getting the address for the anagrafe in Manoppello. Once I have these I will have the entire generation completed. which has taken me about a year to accumulate.

Thanks again,
Elaine
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Privacy acts in Italy make it difficult to obtain civil records more recent than 1910 since there is a privacy gap of 100 years. =PETER=
~Peter~
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Comune di MANOPPELLO

Provincia di PESCARA

Indirizzo : VIA SALVO D'ACQUISTO

C.A.P. : 65024

Telefono : 085 - 8590003

Fax : 085 - 8590895

E-mail : comunemanoppello@tin.it

area referente

UFFICIALE ANAGRAFE E/O STATO CIVILE GUERINA VERA TERRERI

wldspirit

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Thank you Peter for the clarification! :D
wldspirit

emazza

Post by emazza »

Thanks so much for the address and privacy info. Hopefully I can get all info up to current generation. Is it possible to get records for the births of children from the parent names via the local anagrafe?
tonij16102
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonij16102 »

If you were to order reels of film from the Family History Centers (The Mormon Church) some areas of Italy you can order from the yrs of 1809-1929. This is what I had been doing. You can go to their website and find out if there is one nearby to where you live. I have just also found out that they are also renting their film out through some libraries and Historical Society's throughout Ohio.

The website to get an idea what years your part of Italy has at

www.familysearch.org

Once there you can search for a Mormon History Centers near you...hope this helps.

Toni
emazza

Post by emazza »

Thanks for the tip for the familysearch.org site; I found there is one not very far from my home. Hopefully they cover the area and years I still need.

Thanks again!
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

For those of you who are thinking of ordering records from Italy, please note that the privacy period is 75 years. Italian Privacy Laws state that, for all civil acts occurring within the last 75 years, only the subject himself or herself or a family member may request an original certificate, and even then under certain restrictions. After the 75 year period has ended, requests for certificates or copies may be made to the comune's Ufficio di Stato Civile by anyone. In addition, copies of the records may be sent to the Archivio di Stato where, subject to resources, they will be available for consultation by the general public.
John Armellino
braccetto2001

Post by braccetto2001 »

[quote="emazza"]Hello All!

Hello I am Paolino Mazzaferro.
I are still alive... lol

my face here:

http://www.cosmos3000.it/radium/du.htm

If you want EMAIL me . But I do not speak good English

Bye amigos...!