How do I display a record here

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Karenmurphy

How do I display a record here

Post by Karenmurphy »

Hi, my name is Karen. I have some Italian records that are very difficult to read. What is the best way to show one here for you to see ? Should I copy/ paste? Do an attachment? or use some kind of link (like from Photobucket) or something? Thank You! :roll:
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: How do I display a record here

Post by liviomoreno »

Upload to Photobucket or imagashak. Ensure that the pics are as larg as possible, with high resolution.
Karenmurphy

Post by Karenmurphy »

liviomoreno wrote:Upload to Photobucket or imagashak. Ensure that the pics are as larg as possible, with high resolution.
Thank you, Livio, for responding to my e-mail! I'm not very computer savvy and I don't understand Italian either so I'm not feeling too bright right now. I joined Photobucket and uploaded some records with hopes of being able to link them to here. But when I sent the link to myself, I couldn't figure out how to enlarge the pictures enough to be able to read. Then I tried to attach the files to this message instead. (didn't work. "file to large") I just figured out pasting the IMG link works! I probably should have put this in the general forum, hey? Sorry.

Grazie, again.
Karen
PeteT

Post by PeteT »

The site does not allow huge files to be posted to it. Go to www.imageshack.us and upload your file to it. Imageshack will give you a URL (web link) to post here. Those reading your posts will click on the link and be able to view the image.

For example:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/42/fog ... re001n.jpg
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Karenmurphy wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:Upload to Photobucket or imagashak. Ensure that the pics are as larg as possible, with high resolution.
Thank you, Livio, for responding to my e-mail! I'm not very computer savvy and I don't understand Italian either so I'm not feeling too bright right now. I joined Photobucket and uploaded some records with hopes of being able to link them to here. But when I sent the link to myself, I couldn't figure out how to enlarge the pictures enough to be able to read. Then I tried to attach the files to this message instead. (didn't work. "file to large") I just figured out pasting the IMG link works! I probably should have put this in the general forum, hey? Sorry.

Grazie, again.
Karen
Hi Karen!

I use photobucket and imageshack

For photobucket
- click on the image you downloaded
- copy the 'direct link' address
- paste the address on your post

If the image isn't large enough we should be able to noodle out how to fix it

Valarie
Karenmurphy

Post by Karenmurphy »

Thank you Pete and VJ for replying.
VJ, since you use both photobucket and imageshack, do you find one easier to use than the other?
Also wonder when I pasted a picture into a post, does that take up a lot of room, too? Next time I'll try the direct-link as suggested.
Grazie!
Karen
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Karenmurphy wrote: VJ, since you use both photobucket and imageshack, do you find one easier to use than the other?
Hi Karen :D !
I think photobucket is easier to use, but I believe links to imageshack images last longer. I use imageshack.
Valarie
Karenmurphy

Post by Karenmurphy »

Thanks, Valerie.
Karen
mojo5851

Post by mojo5851 »

Hi Karen:
I believe your grandfather, Paul, is the brother of my husband's grandfather, Salvatore. I've been doing a little research of my own but just starting. It would be great to share some notes.