Do you have any of these Surnames in your tree?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie

Do you have any of these Surnames in your tree?

Post by jsybalsky »

Malugani, Cerini, Marci, Giottonini, Lesnini, Tamò, Perozzi, Cantoni, Lanini, Patà, Ferrini, Sonognini, Genardini, Matasci, Volpini, Lucchini, Berunda, Bianchi, Ferrasci, Dughi, Jop/Joppi, Miossi, Pinana, Martella, Fratessa, Franchini, Bustelli, Capini, Carletta, Maroni, Barufaldi, Strozzi and Danini.

The above surnames (I have more) are in my tree and most are from Italy and Switzerland.

I would love to hear from you to see if we can find a connection.

Jill
http://www.sybalsky.com/genealogy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Do you have any of these Surnames in your tree?

Post by PeterTimber »

why not use google.com for any genealogy research being conducted or conducted for each surname and the location of the area where the suyrname is located in your research.. Surname Genealogy Research City or Location, Italy as a title possibility. In this way anyone who has already dconmucted any research on the surname of interest will show up. =Peter=
~Peter~
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jsybalsky »

Thanks Peter I do that about every 3 months. Only one's that show up are me and cousins. So I spread out to forums and mailing lists to see if anyone might turn up....you'd be surprised how many I find on forums.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Not to overlook the obvious, have you tried seeking out www.familysearch.org under ancestor search for location and files for each of these names? =Peter=
~Peter~
barbalatte

Post by barbalatte »

I knowa Perozzi in Sydney, Australia.
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jsybalsky »

Yes Peter I have. But have found LDS records to be incomplete (most seem to be tagged information not available) and inaccurate. Exception is actual copies of official records...like census, vital records.
I have been doing genealogy research since the 1970's but only actively doing outside the USA since around 2003 and full time genealogy research since 2000.

Barbalatte do you know if their ancestors originated in Switzerland or Italy?
Lesina-Cerini

Post by Lesina-Cerini »

This is very late. But I have Cerini in my tree. Anna Maria Lesina (Cerini) married Bernardo Lesina, both from Giumaglio, they had a son Celestino 'charles' Pietro Lesina which is my great great great grandfather. He emigrated to Australia and ended up settling in Atherton Far North Queensland. I have only recently found all this as my fathers father died when he was very young and my grandmother knew absolutely nothing about them except a surname.