translate English to Italian, please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

translate English to Italian, please

Post by LKate »

Would someone please translate this? I'm looking for a local Italian translator, but my search has been unsuccessful so far. In the meantime, I'm feeling anxious to respond to these nice folks. Thank you so much.
Laura

Dear Renzo,

Thank you so much for your letter with the certificates, brochures and newspaper article. What a wonderful surprise! I feel like a celebrity, being in the newspaper! I appreciate all the effort you went through to provide all of that information to me. You, Rosina and her relatives, and your daughter, are very kind to help me. My 92-year-old grandmother, and the rest of my family, is thrilled about all of the material you sent.
Elena (from the newspaper article) has contacted me and she is indeed related to me. I’m excited about making contact with her. Another relative has also contacted me.
Once I understand all of the certificates, I may ask for your help for other relatives’ certificates. Please know that I’m sincerely grateful for your offered assistance. My e-mail address is
Best wishes,
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: translate English to Italian, please

Post by liviomoreno »

Caro Renzo,
grazie mille per la tua lettera con i certificati, le brochure e l'articolo del giornale. Che magnifica sorpresa! L'articolo sul giornale mi fa sentire una celebrità. Apprezzo lo sforzo che hai fatto per trovare tutte quelle informazioni per me. Tu, Rosina e i suoi parenti, e tua figlia siete stati molto gentili ad aiutarmi. Mia nonna, che ha 92 anni, e tutto il resto della famiglia sono eccitati per il materiale che hai mandato!
Sono stata contattata da Elena (quella indicata sul giornale) e effettivamente siamo parenti. Sono emozionata dal fatto che mi abbia contattato. Anche un altro parente mi ha contattato.
Quando avrò capito tutti i certificati, potrò chiedere ancora il tuo aiuto per trovare altri certificati? Sappi che ti sono veramente grata per l'aiuto che mi hai offerto. Il mio indirizzo email è: xxxxx @ zzzzz.sss
Affettuosamente

Edited to change mamma in nonna. Sorry, Laura
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LKate »

This is terrific Livio, thank you for your time and skill! One question - the word "mamma" - does that mean "grandmother"? I thought "nonna" was "grandmother", but maybe the two words can be used interchangeably? I am curious. Thank you.

Laura
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

LKate wrote:This is terrific Livio, thank you for your time and skill! One question - the word "mamma" - does that mean "grandmother"? I thought "nonna" was "grandmother", but maybe the two words can be used interchangeably? I am curious. Thank you.

Laura
Laura, thanks for picking it! It's my mistake :oops: . Grandmother is "nonna", Mother is "mamma". I have corrected my post.
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LKate »

Thanks, Livio - now I feel like there may be hope for me learning this language! :lol:
Laura