Sao Paolo, Brazil

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
FrankieBoy

Sao Paolo, Brazil

Post by FrankieBoy »

I am looking for documentation (histories or other records) about the Italians who migrated to this area in Brazil to work on the railroads, farms/plantations, etc. between the years of 1880-1890.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Sao Paolo, Brazil

Post by ptimber »

go to www.ape.es.gov.br. and www.imigrantes italianos.com.br. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

dON'T FORGET THE FEAST OF SAN GENNARO IN L.A ON SEPTEMBER 23. pETER
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

delet
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

Neither New York, nor Buenos Aires. The largest Italian community outside Italy is located in Sao Paulo, the wealthiest and biggest city in South America. According to the Italian embassy, more than 3 million Italian immigrants and descendants live in the city.

The community in Sao Paulo is so vast that it outnumbers the traditional Italian colony of New York, which counts as many as 2 million people. However, the italian-americans are much better organized, which makes them known all around the world.

The Italian residents of Sao Paulo love to boast about the huge size of their community. To show off, they usually mention population numbers of Italian cities. Rome, for example, capital of the country, has 2.7 million inhabitants. Whereas more than 5 million people of Italian ascendancy live in the State of Sao Paulo.

During the main years of immigration (1870 till 1920), 1.3 million Italians arrived in Brazil. Aproximately 70% of them came to work and stay in Sao Paulo. The first ones to arrive in the country expecting to accomplish the prosperity dream were the Venetians and Lombardians. Citizens from Naples, Calabria and Sicily followed the suit.

The Italians established themselves in old labourer neighbourhoods such as Mooca, Brás and Bexiga, still significant strongholds of the community.

The truth is that Italians established in the city and influenced its inhabitants with their culture and joyful way of living. Good Cantines and Italian restaurants are a trademark of Sao Paulo. Those places are just great to celebrate the victories of the Palmeiras - or of its biggest oponent, Corinthians - soccer teams that came out from Italian roots. It is easy to perceive the italian accent of the Sao Paulo natives during those parties.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Lololo the poster for this question only wants to know about 1880 to 1890 so your information is not responding to the inquiry. You appear tnot to rerad about what is wanted but only what you think you should put down....You should read and ponder. Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:Lololo the poster for this question only wants to know about 1880 to 1890 so your information is not responding to the inquiry. You appear tnot to rerad about what is wanted but only what you think you should put down....You should read and ponder. Peter
HA HA HA, dont make me lagh! he already sayed THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFORMATION in my private.

Well, I like to go farter than my ayes can see :lol:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You obviously do go beyond what your eyes see or read. Why did he thank you privately? Perhaps he was ashamed to do it publicly. Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:You obviously do go beyond what your eyes see or read. Why did he thank you privately? Perhaps he was ashamed to do it publicly. Peter
no, its because im the only who, in fact, is helped him. he doesnt need to show his THANKS to u :lol:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

But he did thank me the same way. her sent me an e-mail and we are meeting for lunch because he lives near me and we are going to go to the feast of San Gennaro together.....wanna come? Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:But he did thank me the same way. her sent me an e-mail and we are meeting for lunch because he lives near me and we are going to go to the feast of San Gennaro together.....wanna come? Peter

hahahha, pathetic, I prefer staying in BRASILLLLLL
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Can't you get a visa to come to the USA? peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:Can't you get a visa to come to the USA? peter
ah, i prefer to travel in BRAZIL and EUROPE, beautiful places...u know! :twisted:
FrankieBoy

Post by FrankieBoy »

Thanks to lololo for the information and for ptimber for the lesson in website protocol. (I am new to this.)

I always say thank you for an extended courtesy (check the one I sent you previously, ptimber), but henceforth will do so for all to read.
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

FrankieBoy wrote:Thanks to lololo for the information and for ptimber for the lesson in website protocol. (I am new to this.)

I always say thank you for an extended courtesy (check the one I sent you previously, ptimber), but henceforth will do so for all to read.
haahhhhhahh, thats it!