Spadaro-Catania, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Wujek8880

Spadaro-Catania, Sicily

Post by Wujek8880 »

I have two pictures of Alfio Spadaro taken in Catania, Sicily abt 1921-1927. One picture he is in an Italian Military uniform with a hat badge of crossed rifles an #54 (54th Infantry Regiment??) No chevrons showing on sleave and looks like two pips on shoulder boards (Officer???) A few ribbons above left breast pocket of tunic. Other picture is full length of Alfio in a suit and standing next to table with his hat. He sent these pictures to his cousins in America. Carmelo and Alfio Arlotta. Arlotta's mothers maiden name was Crimi, so he is either a cousin through Arlotta or Crimi family lines (I think??)Carmelo/Carmen and Alfio Arlotta are deceased and their grand kids have no knowledge who this is. I would like to share photos with Spadaro relation and also figure out how he fits in as a cousin to Arlottas. Arlotta's came to USA about 1910 and settled in Western New York State (Outside Buffalo, NY) I have exact info on Arlotta's
spadjo

Re: Spadaro-Catania, Sicily

Post by spadjo »

I know nothing about your Spadaro, but I have discovered, that the greatest concentration of that name is on the east coast of Sicily.
Joseph Spadaro
admits38961@mypacks.net
Wujek8880

Re: Spadaro-Catania, Sicily

Post by Wujek8880 »

Thanks spadjo. I'll keep digging.