Work related travel?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Work related travel?

Post by mystictyger18 »

my great grandpa lived in Argentina for 3 years...hes from Italy...Im not sure why he was there...I think I read somewhere once that he built bridges and he may have gone there for something having to do with that...I know this is a bit vague...but does anyone have any information on what the case may have been with him? he went to argentina probably prior 1910
OmertaSiciliana

Re: Work related travel?

Post by OmertaSiciliana »

Did he immigrate straight to Argentina, or did he live in the US first? I also have italian relatives in Argentina - many Italians went straight from Italy to South America.
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mystictyger18 »

as far as I know he went straight to argentina...lived there for 3 years...then went back to Italy...and after all of his children were born he moved to the US...followed individually by the rest of his family
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What is the point??? If he went to Argentina for 3 years....so what do you want to know? before you go asking questions about something that may interest you think about what you want to know so pewople will not have to guess at whats on your mind? Sit down, think things thru and then ask for directions to the source of the information you are seeking. As things stand now I have no idea of what you want to know except perhaps a record of his arrival. If you furnish me with his full name and date of birth or age at time of his immigration to AZrgentina I will look. Peter
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mystictyger18 »

I have no idea about his date of birth...his name was Gaetano Cincotta I believe...I wasnt really expecting any answers...just ignore the topic if you think its pointless...
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Then just his name and if I find a record of entry into Argentina yiou will have to write in Spanish for records. Give me his full name. Peter
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mystictyger18 »

his full name is Gaetano Cincotta...writing in spanish I can do...I know my grandpa was born in 1914 (his first son)...so I would assume he was born around 1890 or so
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Therfe are 5 Gaetano Cincotta. Send me your e-mail so I can send you the listing and then research which one you think relates to him. Unfortunately the listings do not furnish place of origin in Italy. Peter
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mystictyger18 »

thanks for your help...you can email me at mystictyger18@earthlink.net
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

OK will do. Peter
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mystictyger18 »

thanks...of those I narrowed it down to the 3rd down and 4th down...do you know what Peon or Marinera mean though? it had those as the occupations...they didnt come up in the dictionary
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I thought you knew Spanish language??? Look it up iin a spanish dictionary since you advised you were going to research your granfathers stay in Argentina and knew Spanish language so yoiu must have a dictionary...at the very least!! Peter
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mystictyger18 »

oh...geez...nevermind...I forgot you said itd be spanish...I was thinking Italian for some reason...yeah...I should just go to sleep
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I agree! peter