'Professional' researcher expensive, no help with

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
duchesswolff

'Professional' researcher expensive, no help with

Post by duchesswolff »

I have been trying to find birth certificates and a marriage certificate for my great Grandparents with no luck. No one in the family seems to remember who has them, or even if anyone still has them. I hired a research professional to look for the records in Italy and gave him all the information I had, even variations of the name spellings, but they could not find anything. I am at a loss. To compound the issue, there is a dispute as to the actual maiden name of my G-Grandmother, but my own research shows the one they do not agree with me on. I have their naturalization papers, and still am at a dead end to find these records. Anyone have any ideas for me? The names are as follows:

Francesco Ricchio b. 27 Sept 1876 in Cosenza, Calabria, Italy - d. 08 Jan 1955 in Racine, WI USA
Married 31 Dec 1905 in Italy to Margherita Ersilia Berardi (other: Brandi/e) b. 15 Aug 1887 in San Vincenzo la Costa, Italy d. 24 Dec 1957 in Racine, WI, USA
Francesco was the son of Luigi and Aquila (nee: Tenuta) and Margherita was the daughter of Francesco and ?? (nee:Conti)

I really hope someone can assist me in my search. It has been many years and I am at my wits end.

Thank you so much for your consideration,

Laurie
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Re: 'Professional' researcher expensive, no help w

Post by donnawright »

Try this link. You have to register to see anything, but it is free. I played around with it and found Francesco Ricchio, Luigi Ricchio, but they were enlistment records. You might have more success because something might strike you differently. I saw reference to Aquila and Tenuta and Conti. Try it.

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.faces

Familysearch.org also has some references in the International Genealogy Index -- none that matched your Francesco's DOB, but might find other clues there. They are in Cosenza,however.

Good luck. I'll be watching for a success story.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

duchesswolff wrote:I have been trying to find birth certificates and a marriage certificate for my great Grandparents with no luck. No one in the family seems to remember who has them, or even if anyone still has them. I hired a research professional to look for the records in Italy and gave him all the information I had, even variations of the name spellings, but they could not find anything. I am at a loss. To compound the issue, there is a dispute as to the actual maiden name of my G-Grandmother, but my own research shows the one they do not agree with me on. I have their naturalization papers, and still am at a dead end to find these records. Anyone have any ideas for me? The names are as follows:

Francesco Ricchio b. 27 Sept 1876 in Cosenza, Calabria, Italy - d. 08 Jan 1955 in Racine, WI USA
Married 31 Dec 1905 in Italy to Margherita Ersilia Berardi (other: Brandi/e) b. 15 Aug 1887 in San Vincenzo la Costa, Italy d. 24 Dec 1957 in Racine, WI, USA
Francesco was the son of Luigi and Aquila (nee: Tenuta) and Margherita was the daughter of Francesco and ?? (nee:Conti)

I really hope someone can assist me in my search. It has been many years and I am at my wits end.

Thank you so much for your consideration,

Laurie
Laurie, maybe one of this is your ancestor :
born in Cerisano ( Cosenza province) and married and living in San Vincenzo La Costa; the parent's names was Raffaele( and not Luigi) and Aquila Demetri ( and not Tenuta) this record by military paper in Cosenza archive:
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Liste di Leva della classe 1876. Registro numero 136, atto numero 115 di pagina 289 sezione a

Francesco Ricchio, contadino iscritto il 30/06/1896
nato il 27/09/1876 a CERISANO
da Raffaele Ricchio e da Aquila Demetri

Francesco Ricchio, farmer enrolled the 30/jun/1896
born the 27/sep/1876 in CERISANO
from Raffaele Ricchio and from Aquila Demetri

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... icchio.jpg

the other:
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Liste di Leva della classe 1876. Registro numero 135, atto numero 63 di pagina 241 sezione c
Francesco Ricchio, contadino iscritto il 22/05/1896
nato il 27/09/1876 a SAN VINCENZO LA COSTA
da Raffaele Ricchio e da Aquila Tenuta

Francesco Ricchio, farmer enrolled the 22/may/1896
born the 27/sep/1876 in SAN VINCENZO LA COSTA
from Raffaele Ricchio and from Aquila Tenuta

no image available

if your ancestor is that:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Francesco Ricchio
Name: Francesco Ricchio
Arrival Date: 4 Apr 1909
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1876
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Luisiana
Search Ship Database: Search the Luisiana in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Cosenza
Line: 13
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_1234
Birth Location: Cosenza
Birth Location Other: cervzano (CERISANO)
Page Number: 32

married at Ersilia in San Vincenzo la Costa, one of the aforesaid record is abt your ancestor,
just my advice,
regards, suanj

PS in another record abt Cerisano town, it are a Serafino Ricchio also son of Raffaele Ricchio and Aquila Tenuta; I know not if it was 2 or more Raffaele Ricchio all married at a Aquila;
one time the surname is listed as Demetri and another as Tenuta...

so , it is very strange that 2 Francesco Ricchio, born in the same birthdate, born from a Raffaele Ricchio and a Aquila / Demetri or Tenuta) but by different birthplace; I believe that is abt same record and the family moved from Cerisano to San Vincenzo La Costa and for that the image of second record is no available... maybe a error
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello all,

Sorry to jumpo into this string but is there a link for either Mussomeli Sicily or Piazza Armerina like the one for cosenza??

Thanks

Michael Romano
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

no.. sorry... but in some other archive ... nexts years will be possible the free search on line... they just are working for that...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

for duchesswolff: italian military paper of Francesco Ricchio born in Cerisano, stating that :
height- 1 m. and 57 cm
eyes-brown
hairs-brown
and a little scar on the left temple

in US military paper of 1918
height-short
eyes-dark
hairs-dark

More:
Francesco Ricchio came in USA with Gabriele Ricchio, age 33 also; I believe the brother... in effects from italian military paper we have:

Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Liste di Leva della classe 1876. Registro numero 136, atto numero 124 di pagina 292 sezione a

Gabriele Ricchio, contadino iscritto il 30/06/1896
nato il 27/09/1876 a CERISANO
da Raffaele Ricchio e da Aquila Tenuta

the birthdate is the same... it is possible that Francesco and Gabriele was twins????
the same Gabriele Ricchio same parents and birthdate, it is listed also as born in San Vincenzo La Costa; so now, I'm sure that is a double records for the twins... born in Cerisano, resident in San Vincenzo La Costa; I believe that in Francesco, the mother surname spelled as Demetri is a wrong transcription by Tenuta surname handwriting....

so the family seeming so:
parents:
1.0 Raffaele Ricchio and Aquila Tenuta
sons:
1.1 Serafino Ricchio- b. Cerisano 05/may/1874
1.2/3. Francesco and Gabriele Ricchio-b. Cerisano 27/sep/1876

maybe can help

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
duchesswolff

Post by duchesswolff »

I am absolutely in awe with how fast you replied!! Oh my goodness. Yes, yes, Francesco and Gabrielle were identical twins! So, is it possible that a birth record exists for him?

My goodness, thank you so very much!! I cannot believe this still - you are a godsend!

Laurie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

oh yes; the birthact exist! You must send the request in Cerisano civil records office and send this letter by email:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via S. Pietro, 1
87044 Cerisano (CS)
Italy
cistaro @ comune.cerisano.cs.it (NO SPACES)

Spett.le Ufficio di Stato civile,

la sottoscritta ...... ( your name) cittadina statunitense di origini italiane, con la presente cortesemente richiede Estratto Atto di Nascita-Modello Plurilingue- del proprio antenato emigrato negli USA nel 1909:

-RICCHIO Francesco nato a Cerisano il 27/09/1876 figlio di Raffaele e TENUTA Aquila.

Ringraziando per la cortese attenzione e in attesa di riscontro, è gradita l'occasione per porgere distinti saluti,
[align=center].........your name
................your complete and exact address
...................your email[/align]
-------------------------------------------------------
hoping helpful,
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
duchesswolff

Post by duchesswolff »

Suanj,

You are the most helpful person I have come across in the past 20 years to help with this search! I cannot thank you enough! I just sent off the email request! Again, thank you very very much!

Would this be the same kind of letter to send for a record for Ersilia then? But to San Vincenzo la Costa?

Again, my greatest thanks to you!

Laurie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Municipio
87030 San Vincenzo La Costa (CS)
Italy

info @ comune.sanvincenzolacosta.cs.it (NO SPACES)
Spett.le Ufficio di Stato Civile,

la sottoscritta ...... ( your name) cittadina statunitense di origini italiane, con la presente cortesemente richiede a fini jus sanguinis,

Estratto Atto di Nascita e Estratto di Atto di Matrimonio-Modelli Plurilingue- della propria antenata emigrata negli USA nel 1909:

-BERARDI Margherita Ersilia nata a San Vincenzo La Costa il 15/08/1887 figlia di Francesco; coniugatasi in San Vincenzo La Costa il 31/12/1905 con RICCHIO Francesco (nato a Cerisano il 27/09/1876).

Ringraziando per la cortese attenzione e in attesa di riscontro, è gradita l'occasione per porgere distinti saluti,

[align=center].........your name
................your complete and exact address
...................your email[/align]

[hr]
I know not if the email address working; however I request the birth certificate and marriage certificate also....
the right surname spelling is BERARDI; she and the little Oscar son emigrated in the Oct 25, 1909
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 1707030557
best regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
duchesswolff

Post by duchesswolff »

Suanj,

Can I send you something in thanks for your help? You have no idea how happy you have made me! All these years....

My daughter thinks I'm crazy, cuz I actually started to clap my hands and laugh out loud - I am so happy! I think I want to cry of relief!

Thank you with all my heart!

-Laurie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Laurie,
happy of helping you!
All the best,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Romano1970 wrote:Hello all,

Sorry to jumpo into this string but is there a link for either Mussomeli Sicily or Piazza Armerina like the one for cosenza??

Thanks

Michael Romano

are they going to have an online archive for all of italy as well? or just the ones mentioned here and Cosenza.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
cjrich

Post by cjrich »

Hello. I am a decendant of Serafino Ricchio, who emmigrated to Wisconsin, USA, in 1889. This name was referenced in a post dated May 14. The date of birth does not match what we have. As far as I know, he came from Calabria, provence of Catanzaro, comune of Conflenti. Any help that can be provided, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
jack182183

Post by jack182183 »

Hi,

Raffaele Riggio and Aquilla Tenuta were married 1872 in Marano Marchesato. There are some records of the town online at:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ilfmm ... index.html

Good luck!