luporini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dudley

luporini

Post by Dudley »

Hello I'm looking for any Luporini/Luperini family members from the area of Lucca Italy - - my great grand father was Gueisppe Luporini this surname was spelled many different way - - I would appreciate any info that can help me with my search.
Regard Mary
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: luporini

Post by PeterTimber »

Both are variants of the base surname Lupi whose origins stretch back to the late Roman period "lupus" a nd during the middle ages was "processed" as Luv,luvu,lof,lovo and luvot and lovat and under the Longobards became lupo and lupone being borrowed from the Latin and Italian vulgate. The name becoming a family name lupus and Lupo and finally Lupi. =Peter=
~Peter~
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Thank you so much - this is just so interesting. Now I know why it was mis-spelled so many times - - another surname connected to that is Alfonsi - - a surname of my gr gr gr grandmother from Italy - - I'm thinking around Lucca Italy - -
Again, thank you for your time and help - - Mary
islandgal

Post by islandgal »

My husband's grandmother was named Luporini and most of his family were from the Lucca Region . Would love to share information with you and see if we have a common ancestor. Please get back to me. Islandgal :D
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

I would love to share what info I have with you - - - not sure where to start. But, do you know of any family still in Lucca??? Most of what I have left were from the Bay Area of California. Do you know if any of your husband's grandmother's family lived in Idaho at any time then moved on??
Regards Mary
I live in California
islandgal

Post by islandgal »

My husband is from the Bay area as were all of the Mecchis/Luporinis he is related to. Some still live there. His grandmother was Rose Luporini and she and her brother Achille Benedetto Luporini were born in Nevada. They moved to the Bay area. She married Peter Mecchi, who was my husband's grandfather Mecchi. He still has family living in the SF area. I have no info on family still in Lucca, but it make sense there are some. I may have a source who would talk to you . Will pass the address along next time I write to you, have to look it up. Does this sound like the family you are seeking ? By the way, we lived in Idaho for three years. Could we be the ones you seek ? Let me know if any of this fits in with the line you are researching and we can continue form there. By the way, we are on an island off the coast of South Carolina now.(so we have a time difference to deal with) Look forward to hearing form you. Linda....IslandGal
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Hello - Good to hear from you with your info - - - a very good chance were connected somehow - - my Luporini that lived in Idaho was way back in the 1916-1920 - - Mecchi doesn't sound familiar but I have a cousin I can ask that info - - that may take me till next week. Did your family use other spellings for Luporini??? This is sure interesting and oh, another thing all of my grandparents etc have all passed away - - - many are buried at St Mary's cemetery in Oakland and some in Idaho - -
Regards Mary
islandgal

Post by islandgal »

Hi again..Sorry for delay, getting ready to travel tomorrow so I have been really busy with last minute things...I found your Idaho Luporinis on Ancestry.com and have several pieces of information on them for you ( death notices, one for a 1 day old infant and a WWI draft registration) will post them to you as soon as I can...rushing now for church...they lived in Pocatello and we lived in Idaho Falls 50 years later. Would it be easier to talk directly ? My email is preciousfew6@aol.com My husband's Luporini grandmother is buried in Oakland, too. Must look up the cemetery. Email me and we can exchange info more easily. Island Gal Linda
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Okey Dokey I'll email you and that would work perfect for me - - on May 26th I'm having bunion surgery and will away from the computer the first week - I've very interested in the info for the day old infant - - - -
Love Mary