note on a picture

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
warriorrabbit
Veteran
Veteran

note on a picture

Post by warriorrabbit »

A 'new' cousin sent me this.

Something about 'To my future cousin, because it's time to wish good luck, dawn crowned with something, a girl, mixed with today...here'

I'm missing a few words anyhow, but I think it looks like:

Al mio futuro cugino Salvatore Santa Romita perche gli vadano auspici volta oli? buona fortuna cosuna? petrofirma? aurora coroni il sino domani misto alle ragazza che oggi tu sito arna?. Regala? Giuseppe

http://describe.org/genstuff/ferlazzo_g ... e_note.jpg

Sorry to butcher the language, there.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: note on a picture

Post by liviomoreno »

In few words Giuseppe wishes all the best to Salvatore for his planned marriage.

A more complete translation is:

To my future cousin Salvatore Santa Romita, so that he will get wishes xxx of good luck and a very happy dawn surrounds his future with the girl that Today he loves so much.

Giuseppe Ferlizzo
gives
maribor

Post by maribor »

What I can read is:
"Al mio futuro cugino S.S.R. perché gli vadano auspici di buona fortuna con una felicissima (aurora carini?) il suo domani unito alla ragazza che tanto ama."

Translation:

"To my future cousin S.S.R. with my best wishes of happiness ... his next life with the girl he loves so much".
warriorrabbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by warriorrabbit »

Thank you!

Ah, unito and not misto. That was the year SSR and Giuseppe's sister married, so I wondered if it wasn't saying something along those lines.