Atti Di Nascita....please help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maino0604

Atti Di Nascita....please help!

Post by maino0604 »

I've been searching and searching for information and ties to my Italian heritage. My great-grandfather Salvatore Maino traveled to New York on a boat leaving from the port of Naples on February 28, 1912 via the SS Ancona. This was all the information I had until just a few days ago I found two "Atti di Nascita" records. Now, I only took two semesters of Italian as I sit and try to read and/translate the words. But I am having a difficult time even reading the Italian words! If anyone could help me, and let me know what these are/were used for... it would be so greatly appreciate to me and my family who are just trying to figure out where we came from.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts in advance!

My apologies too, I had to cut the picture just to my grandfathers name and paragraph because it was too big...

The other names that are on there it looks like are hard to read.. If anyone wants to view the document I can shrink it a bit and post! I just wanted to be able to have a clear view of my grandfathers paragraph
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Atti Di Nascita....please help!

Post by tonyric »

To the moderators... Why am I unable to see these attachments?
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

The links do not point to the correct place and I have no idea why :?

Picture 1

Picture2
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

These are birth records from the commune of Maccio.

One is dated 15 AUG 1893 and is for the birth of Salvatore Miano, born 13 AUG 1893, the son of Abramo Miano, age 29, profession contadino, domiciled in Bruciata frazione, #7, and Rosa Butti, contadina.

The other is dated 16 FEB 1891 and is also for the birth of a Salvatore Miano, in this case born 15 FEB 1891, the son of Alessandro Miano, age 41, profession contadino, domiciled in Cassino Bruciata, #7, and Carolina Butti, contadina. This record includes some language (after the name “Salvatoreâ€
John Armellino
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Maccio and Civello villages were regrouped in 1928 and took the name of Villa Guardia. This means that now Maccio is a hamlet of Villa Guardia in the province of Como (North of Milan).

Maino Salvatore is the third born of triplet birth (Act 9 dated February 16 1891) born on February 15, Parents Alessandro Maino (41 years) and Carolina Butti.

Maino Salvatore Act 39 dated August 15, 1893 born on August 13. Parents Abramo (29 years) and Rosa Butti.

All parents are farmers.

Maino and Butti surnames are quite common in the Como area.

Hope this helps

Ada
maino0604

Post by maino0604 »

These replies help so much! I can't say I know much about the family history... My grandfather passed away when I was very young, and his brother doesn't live near here to speak with any of the family, I'm in the midst of trying to track him down too.. ha!

I had noticed on one of the birth records, there are three Maino records, I'm assuming that's probably the one with the triplets! But, never the less, I'm still searching to figure out which family perhaps my grandfather came from... all the information poses a confusing search, but so much helpful information!

Thank you all for your time!!!