Cascarina?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jimp74

Cascarina?

Post by jimp74 »

Hi my name is Jim Cascarina and I have started to trace my roots. my theory was that cascarina had been misspelt when my great grandad came to london in the early 1900's and was most probably Cascarino but some people are now telling me cascarina is a common Italian name, is this true?

Thank you

Jim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Cascarina?

Post by suanj »

Cascarina ( only 1 people in all Italy) is a wrong version of Cascarino surname; I believe that your ancestor surname was Cascarino as you suggested... best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jimp74

Post by jimp74 »

Thank you,

this will help me with my further research.

thanks again

Jim
Cascarini

Post by Cascarini »

Hello, Jim.
I am amazed! My name is Jim Cascarini!!! My family came to England from Picinisco in the late 1800s and settled in Swansea. They now run ice-cream parlours there. Are you living in England?
Do drop me a line as, maybe, we are related. I know that the name Cascarini has also been miss-written as 'Cascarino' in English census records, so maybe your name got changed then.
Kind regards,
Jim
jimp74

Post by jimp74 »

Hi Jim,

I don't think there is a link, cascarini is a recognized Italian name.
I can trace mine back to viticuso in Italy where they have records of cascarino's but cascarina's only seem to exist in the UK and America.
I recently traced back one of the American branches to my dads uncle so i suspect all the cascarinA's come from my great grand dad.

Good luck with your family history.

:)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Jim what does the 1901 and 1910 census have for his name? Suanj's advice is sound. I would go by the numbers for Cascarino. =Peter=
~Peter~
jimp74

Post by jimp74 »

Hi Peter,
when I first posted I wasn't sure if Cascarina was an existing Italian name.

Suanj confirmed my suspicion and I have since backed this up by linking a random American Cacarina to my direct family.

this would mean if I continue to trace further back into Italy I should follow the name cascarino line.

So yes I agree.

Thank you for all your help.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Viticuso is very close to Picinisco where Cascarini came from.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Viticuso is very close to Picinisco where Cascarini came from.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
mazzie

Post by mazzie »

My Grandfather came to England in the late 1890's. His name was Gaetano Cascarino (the family always pronounced it Cascarina). He eventually settled in Worcester and sold ice cream.