SOMEONE CAN HELP ME TO FIND A RELATIVE IN CHICAGO.?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ps.pittore

SOMEONE CAN HELP ME TO FIND A RELATIVE IN CHICAGO.?

Post by ps.pittore »

Hello, I'm Paolo Senese. I'm a italian and live in Italy.I am trying to find a my aunt that in 1991 lived in Chicago. Can you help me.? I've only a letter with an address found to house of my grandmother. It is possible that my aunt is died. I would be happy for contacting also a its relative. The name is: Terese RE the address where it lived in 1991 is this: 2908 South Wells Street Chicago, Illinois 60616. Thank you very much
corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: SOMEONE CAN HELP ME TO FIND A RELATIVE IN CHICAGO.?

Post by corrado »

I live in Chicago and would be happy to help you. I can look in the illinois death index from the secretary of state, and check with the archdiocese for records, but did you try the census on ancestry.com you can get a 14 day free trial, the census up to 1930 are avaiable. Let me know/
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear PS pittore if you give me her last name (cognome) then I can check for her possible death on the internet and, if she appears to be living then I can trace her whereabouts at that address or elsewhere in Chicago. =Peter=
~Peter~
ps.pittore

Post by ps.pittore »

Thanks... I'm very happy for your attention..and I'm very GRATO ( my english is BAD) for to help me...
For Corrado now I try in Ancestry.com and I hope to found something
For Peter ...the last name is RE and the name Terese or Teresa..I think that she can to have 80 or more years.. I confirm that in 1991 the address was 2908 South Wells Street Chicago, Illinois 60616.
Saluti from Italy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear PS Pittore YES!! she lives there but she spells her name Therese G. RAY (no age given) and her husband(?) is George C. RAYE (85)

I will try to find a telephone number so you can telephone them. =Peter=
~Peter~
ps.pittore

Post by ps.pittore »

RAYE..? I think that she don't is my aunt.. In the letter she has write his name and address...and it's Terese RE and not RAY..But is the same address..?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes same address and you must understand that the pronunciation for RE in the USA is Riii not Re so its easy to say RAY=Re when spoken.

She is listed at age 80 and someone named George (giorgio) C. Ray=RE lo stesso also lives there is aged 85 at the same address on south Wells street.

I could not find any telephone number but I could send an e-mail and then someone else will send the e-mail to them so I do not know the e-mail address. I gave them my telephone number and my e-mail address and told them about you P.S. Pittore.

There is one telephone number for George C. Raye somewhere else in Chicago and maybe a son 773-626-9530 but when I called no one answered the telephone. Sorry. =Peter=
~Peter~
ps.pittore

Post by ps.pittore »

Ok Peter..Thanks ..Grazie mille..I will send a letter to the same address..
Your are been Great...If you have some news pls tell me..Grazie
Paolo
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Paolo,

RE è il suo cognome da sposata?

Laura
ps.pittore

Post by ps.pittore »

No ..Sono quasi certo che sia il suo cognome da nubile, perchè nella lettera a mia nonna parla dei loro parenti e non nomina mai l'eventuale marito ( non so se sia sposata ). Alla fine si firma Terese Re
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

L'ho chiesto perchè in USA le donne una volta sposate, diversamente che qui da noi, assumono per tutto il cognome del marito, perciò Teresa (se sposata) si può cercare nei database o negli elenchi telefonici solo con il cognome del marito.
Non riesci ad accertarti se fosse nubile o sposata?

Laura
ps.pittore

Post by ps.pittore »

Innanzi tutto grazie per l'interessamento Laura.
Purtroppo i miei nonni sono morti già da qualche anno e nessuno è al corrente di questa mia zia. Mio padre ( l'ho da poco interpellato) sa solo che Re è il suo cognome, era parente da parte di mia nonna. La sua lettera è in un italiano molto fantasioso e quindi è difficile anche capire il senso della stessa.
Ho anche scritto al sito del Comune di Chicago ( come se fosse il Comune di una cittadina italiana ) chiedendo notizie, ma non mi hanno risposto.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Paolo, puoi dirci la data di nascita?? può darsi che non abiti più a Chicago; negli USA si muovono di frequente da uno Stato all'altro; una Terese RE risulta nata nel maggio del 1944... può essere?
un'altra, più giovane, era a Chicago:
U.S. Public Records Index
about Theresa M Re
Name: Theresa M Re
Birth Date: Feb 1967
Phone Number: XXXXXXX
Address: 7112 W Wright Te, Niles, Illinois 60714-0301 (1993)
[641 W Fullerton, Chicago, Illinois 60614-0901 (1992)]
[915 Wrightwood #1, Chicago, Illinois 60614]

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ps.pittore

Post by ps.pittore »

Ciao Suanj, grazie per l'aiuto..Non conosco la data di nascita. Potrebbe anche essere del 1944 anche se io pensavo avesse oggi intorno agli 80 anni. Da come dice mio padre credo sia più anziana..Però tutto è possibile. Perchè risulta una Terese RE in un altro Stato.? Potrei contattarla ugualmente, al limite mi risponderebbe che non è lei.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Paolo, ce ne sono diverse, una te l'ho postata nel messaggio precedente, e quella del 1944 è questa:
U.S. Public Records Index
about Terese Re
Name: Terese Re
Birth Date: May 1944
Phone Number: XXXXXXX
Address: 102 Elmont Pl, Colonia, New Jersey 07067-1001 (1993)
ma se mi dici che potrebbe avere all'incirca ottant'anni può essere che sia in una casa di riposo e non abbia il telefono; ci vorrebbe una guida telefonica del 1991.. sono indirizzi vecchi, nei più recenti( 2002) non c'è...
quando è emigrata???
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH