Looking for Zagami in Argentina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lili2
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for Zagami in Argentina

Post by Lili2 »

I am researching my family tree. One of my great grandmothers, Carmela Zagami migrated from Sicily to Argentina in 1913. I have found her name on the Data Banks Passenger list but not on CEMLA.
I would like to locate her descendants in Argentina.
I know she remarried there and had at least two children. Im not sure of who she married just have a possible surname.
I have found this website which I think (not sure as I dont speak Spanish) allows for an online search for Births Deaths and Marriages in Argentina:

http://www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/reg ... /partidas/

But I think you can only request a certificate if you live in Argentina?

I have looked at the white pages in Argentina but its a long shot as Im not sure of her descendants surname.

Any suggestions for getting a Marriage or Death Certificate online from Argentina?

I tried writing to Buenos Aires Civil Registrations (an address from Wikipedia) but with no response.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Darpino

Re: Sicilian great grandmother Migrated to Argentina

Post by Darpino »

My grandpas parents went through argentina from siciloy to go to ameria. but we have family members there also.
would like for you to let me know also
siciliano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by siciliano »

Olá !
esta deve ser a pessoa que você procura ..

ZAGAMI";"CARMELA";"X";21;"F";"Vedovo/a";"AMA DE CASA";"CATOLICA";"GENOVA";"DUCA DEGLI ABRUZZI";15-05-1913;"Sa";"Terza"

abraço
Vinicio S. Santa Maria
Lili2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lili2 »

Thankyou Siciliano, Yes I also found this on the Data Bank Passenger List website.
I am now wondering how to get a Marriage or Death certificate from Argentina?