CEMETARY IN MONTE SAN GIOVANNI CAMPANO

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
croy

CEMETARY IN MONTE SAN GIOVANNI CAMPANO

Post by croy »

I plan on traveling to Italy next year. Is there anyone that can tell me if there is a cemetary in the small commune Monte San Giovanni Campano.? If there is not one, where would the closest one be? Colli? I believe my greatgrandparents died there and if possible, I would like to find their graves while visiting. Thanks for any info you could give me.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: CEMETARY IN MONTE SAN GIOVANNI CAMPANO

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Croy every little town has a cemetary on the highest point in town surrounded by cypress trees and the size never really grows because every 20 years they dig up the graves and deposit the remains in a comunal pit since land is vary scarce in Italy. The website for the town canbe located by going to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Monte San Giovanni Campano, click CERCA and when the name comes up with the zip code and province click on the town name and a website comes up. scroll down midway and under Municipio is the address for their City Hall and to the right is the www website for the town itself. There maybe fotos of the town. It is written in Italian. =Peter=
~Peter~
croy

Post by croy »

Your the best, I will check it out!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for documents you might wish to obtain from Monte San Giovanni Campano. You send them to the Municipio address to the Uffico di Stato Civile. Its all free of charge. =Peter=
~Peter~
croy

Post by croy »

sounds great, but is it all in Italian??? I don't speak or read it. I will definitely check it out though. Thanks again!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The website is in english and so are the letters you may wish to write. The letters in english in the website is for you to read in english and are translated for you into italian which you then mail to Italy.....=Peter=
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Monte San Giovanni only has records back to 1870 before that you have to access parish records.
Send me a PM and I will give you the contact info.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You started out by wanting to visit the gravesites of your great grand parents and I did not read anywhere where you said you wanted to obtain their documents which may be within the 1870 timeframe (140 years ago) and available to you by mail free of charge. Church records normally require a donation even if none are requested as you probably are aware.

I amsure you can trace your family as far back as the church records will permit and this is your decision to make. If you do wish to trace your family back thru the church records then go to this website: ITALIAN CHURCH RECORDS which will give you information.
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... cords.html

Bear inmind that there were no regulation for writing birth,marriage and death documents but since the 1850's(20 years earlier than 1870) parish priests began to record events in individual documents. =Peter=
=Peter=
~Peter~
croy

Post by croy »

Sorry if I was confusing in my request. This info will help me a great deal. Thank you Peter.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Monte San Giovanni had several parishes in the past and some of their records are missing from some of the parishes.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 6 churches in Monte San Giovanni Campano and the Reverend Monsignor Don Enzo Quatrrocchi in the church BEATA MARIA VERGINE IMMACOLATA would be the person to contact if Italy Searchers referral is not feasible for you. His telephone number is 0775-891326 if you happen to be there. =Peter=
~Peter~
croy

Post by croy »

Thank you Peter, Do you have an address For the Beata Maria Vergine Immacolata??
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Via Lucca, 03025, Monte San Giovanni Campano, (FR) Italy =Peter=
~Peter~
croy

Post by croy »

Thank you!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Don Enzo will refer you to my contact just like he did me. I don't want to put his name and number on the boards. If you PM I will give you the name and number.
Ann Tatangelo