Atina - Di Troia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Wattsy

Atina - Di Troia

Post by Wattsy »

Hello

I am interested in the name of Di Troia.

I think Fortunato Di Troia was born in Atina around 1770 and married Loreta Palma Arcari in Picinisco.

Does anybody know how I can find out the parents of Fortunato Di Troia or the names of any brothers and sister?

Best wishes

Wattsy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Atina - Di Troia

Post by PeterTimber »

Since Fortunato was born in 1770 and vital records for Atina commenced in 1810 his birth may not have been recorded but his marriage may have been recorded in Picinisco and which will give you his parents names and perhaps their ages so that there might be a certificato di famiglia storico(Family status certificate )in his fathers name in Atina which will list all membrs of the family. Its doubtful that Atina had family status certificates so early but Hey you never know! =Peter=
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

There is a parish census for Atina but I don't remember the year.
Picinisco has one for 1837, and marriage records back to 1540.
The town of Atina has only the Register of the Population for 1862-65 (undated)
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

So sorry to break in on this thread but I have a question. Are you familiar with Salerno area census records or register of population for Roccapiemonte in particular? I am dead with Parish records since the church burned down.

The only Catasto Onciario I could find for 1749 and nothing later that I am aware of. I was given information from the 1855 church census but have been unable to find if any other was done after that date and if so, where would it be held since the church itself and records are gone.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear lilbees you might want to send an e-mail to the archivio@diocesisalerno.it and/or Biblioteca@diocesisalerno.it and inquire of them both. The archbishop is named Gerardo Pierro and the website for the archdiocese is www.diocesisalerno.it for your information. =Peter=
~Peter~
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you Peter, Certainly won't hurt to try. Thanks for the website.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa