Covelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Matt Covella

Covelli

Post by Matt Covella »

I am looking for descendents of Pietro Covelli. He was born in Cosenza, Italy in 1866 and emigrated to Cleveland Ohio area in 1888. He married Filomena Aiello. They had Felix, Giacomo, Josephine, Mary and Lena. He had a brother, Nicola who married Rosa Cassano and had Mary, Sam, Albert, Dominic, Justine, Michael and Frank. I am curious as to exactly in Cosenza they were from.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I think the easiest thing to do is forward f form81 to Nara (national archives) for their entry into the USA. Italian woman retain their identity so put in for two persons. Go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm. Ellis island records began in 1892 and the only other immediate source is Naturalization records if they became naturalized US citizens. Please let me klnow how the form 81 which is the easiest to answer your question. Peter
dgraz

Re: Covelli

Post by dgraz »

Matt -

I am a great-granddaughter of Nicola Covelli and live in Cleveland. I was searching his name on the internet and saw this message you had posted several years ago. I hope you get this! If so, please email me back.

Nicola and Pietro are from San Benedetto in Guarno, which is part of San Pietro in Guarano in Cosenza, Italy. I hope that helps you.

If you have found any additional information since you posted this message please let me know as I am collecting information.

Thank you -

Diane
mbcove

Post by mbcove »

Dgraz,

Please write back about Pietro and Nicola Covelli!
pierina

Post by pierina »

well,
I don't know where my Covelli come from.
Gabrielle COVELLI (cerca 1835-) and Carmela BOSCO
.....2.1 Giovanni COVELLI (cerca 1860-1928Brazil) and
...........Maria Rosa PEDUTO (Castel San Lorenzo - 1931 Brazil), di Camillo